Instant foods?

greentea

When I'm alone they make my life much more easier, make a small fire heat up some water and in five minutes you are ready for lunch. I especially find instant noodles very handy and tasty. What about you guys and gals?

dinosaur

troublemaker
Instant foods are okay for emergency needs but on the whole I don't eat processed foods. They have chemicals I can't pronounce, much less know what they are and how they will affect my personal body chemistry.

limbs

Yeah, I do eat instant foods, but I know that the ones I eat are not that great when it comes to nutritional value. Are there any instant foods with out the processed chemicals?

Camoguy

I'm not a fan of overly processed food. I've found that if I eat as close to the farm as I can, I feel a whole lot better overall. Some of the additives have a very deleterious effect on my system.

oldsarge

I think after years of eating all those bad chemicals in the garbage I been woofing down, my body is conditioned to sustain itself on it. Top Romen, Cup-o-soup, instant rice...I've eaten my far share of it. But what are your choices when out on the trail? Even trail mix or energy bars has some processed stuff in it!

greentea

Well unless you make your own food like dinosaur said, you are pretty much stuck with the chemicals in my opinion, even than unless you grow your own stuff you can't be sure what the hell you are putting into your body.

Luvoutdoors

We store instant foods for emergency needs at home but we don't eat a whole lot of it regularly. We do take instant foods and energy bars and the like when we go camping or hiking though.

Grandpa

I use both commercial and home grown meals. If I was to worry about all potential health hazards, I'd starve to death. EPA recomendations are a joke. As a producer, I have seen way too many cases where they use scare tactics to get to a hidden agenda.

3ofusnow

We eat a fair amount of instant foods at our house. I know it's not the healthiest for you but it is cheap and money is always tight. In our opinion "bad" food is better than no food at all.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I disagree. Fresh food is still cheaper because you're not paying for processing. It's just not fast.

Luvoutdoors

Have you seen the price of produce lately? We are growing a garden to help out but I just can't afford $3 a pound tomatoes, and $5 for a bag of apples, and don't even get me started on the price of meat these days.