Is This The Hunting Truck of the Future?

jason

fear no beer
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to blend your old hunting truck with a tank, the Batmobile, and possibly a Transformer Autobot? Well, Parker Brothers Concepts, a fabrication specialty company in Florida, didn’t just ponder the thought—they actually created their vision.

Enter The Boss—a reworked Hummer H1 created for an outdoorsman from the future.

More http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2013/07/hunting-truck-future

Who could afford it at $200k-$500k? Cost more then the house.

Cappy

The hunting vehicle of my future is the hunting vehicle of my present. An old rusty '81 CJ 7 instead of a back seat its got a tool box full of geer and prolly better equipped than that over sized over priced creation.

Grandpa

My hunting vehicle is named Cookie and eats oats and alfalfa. (AND I DIDN'T NAME HIM)

CozInCowtown

Just toss my hunting plunder in the back of the Bronco and off I go.
I can, and have, hunted whitetails off the back porch with a cup of coffee and my pipe.
DC

ppine

Forester
The good hunting country is accessible only by foot or four-footed critters.

Fancy hunting rigs are mostly for show.

The rig looks heavy, wide and has little room. It would probably run of fuel quickly. I will stay with my Ford 7.3 liter diesel. I have lots of fuel left when others leave the mountains to go find gas.

Last edited:

Cappy

Peggy nicknamed my ole jeep as tinkerbayl on acounta I'm either tinkering with it or bailing it out.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t If it cant get me within a short walk to a fishing hole or hunting spot then I either gonna take the boat or not go.

TINKER BAYL.jpg

CaverGroupie

I thought it was a hoot. Maybe you can live in it, Jason, looks pretty big. And yes, Cappy, that's the best idea I've heard this month. That is EXACTLY the vehicle we need for Black Friday! I bet we could hunt down some great deals in that!

carmen

I think the only people sporting around in that are those that have money to burn, the same ones that never wear the same pair of socks over again. I know that would not be something we could use. At that price if it is not a house it is not for us.

AK Hunter

That would depend on what we are hunting?
As the trends go in another 10 to 15 years no one will know what hunting is or even care.
They will just want to sit in their chair in front of the tube & play games while sucking down pop getting fatter & fatter.

ppine

Forester
AK,
I completely disagree. Hunting is not a sport, but a passion and a way of life for many especially in Alaska. The numbers of hunters may decline, but that will allow for better management and better hunting. As the world gets more urbanized and electronic, it creates a need for some people to get out there and chase critters in the dark in places they would otherwise never go. Long live hunting.

Theo

eyebp's mentor
That would depend on what we are hunting?
As the trends go in another 10 to 15 years no one will know what hunting is or even care.
They will just want to sit in their chair in front of the tube & play games while sucking down pop getting fatter & fatter.
It may be dying in Alaska but it is alive and well down here with no signs of it letting up.

ppine

Forester
Good luck finding parts for that truck within 250 miles of most of the good hunting in the West. I remember trying to find a mechanic in 1970 to look at my VW bus in Montana. "We don't work on those", they all said.