Late Fall?

Snuggles

For some reason, fall seems to be late this year here in the South. The leaves have only begun to change in the Appalachians and haven't even bothered yet in the flat lands. How does it look where you live?

Grandpa

Our high spots have their white caps on so fall is in the air. (anything above 7000 feet has been getting dusted with the white stuff for the last two weeks)

stealth

I am ready for them to change already. Where I am they are still just as green as ever though. The weather has been a bit unusual this month as well. It will be great when it cools down a bit more, and maybe then the leaves will turn. However, I'm not looking forward to the leaves actually falling and having to rack the yard...

ppine

Forester
Snow in the hills and colorfull foliage everywhere. Oct is our best month. Near 70 during the day and freezing at night. Yahoo.

Upstate SC here, and the leaves are beginning to turn. Not a very spectacular showing this year, but hey, I'll take what I can get!

campclose

We went out a couple of weeks ago and not much had changed. We went out again a week later and a lot had already changed and dropped to the ground. Very strange weather!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

The Farmer's Almanac 'says' that most of the country (less in CA) will be facing a harsh Winter...including the Northeast...!! Cold, blustery and lots of snow. Yikes...!! :tinysmile_eyebrow_t

The fuel companys will be re-making their fortunes...again...!!

cabinfever

The leaves are changing, but aren't fully changed over yet, up here in the northeastern corner of Massachusetts. It's getting quite cold at night, but our days have stayed up in the 60s to 70s, for the most part.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
The leaves are slow... but the temps are here. Its supposed to be near 40 this weekend here in my area of SC (and 30 where Im going hiking in NC this weekend!)

maybe the trees arent changing because of all that "global warming". where are my warm gloves?