Lost?

Theo

eyebp's mentor
As a seasoned backpacker I never get lost. I sometimes take the extended scenic route but never get lost.
I generally refer to it as taking an interesting detour. As I tell other people, I always no exactly where I am. I just don't always know where "they" moved my camp.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

But since I mainly bushwhack, being off trail is not considered out of the norm.

Marshmallow

I've never gotten lost, but we were at a campground one time where a little girl was lost for over an entire afternoon. They found her shortly before dark playing in the woods. She had stopped off at another campsite to visit with her friends. They thought she was home, but she strayed off in the other direction. That was scary.

Esperahol

Actually, I think that has already happened to him once but he came to his senses and got a divorce.
Hm, I think the word you're looking for definitely sounds like witch... In fact ig you took the phrase Blair witch and removed lair w you would definitely have the right word.

Newanderthal

I've gotten myself lost numerous times, deliberately. I like the idea of being isolated, lost and dependent on my own wits. I usually just leave the trail behind, start exploring, and then realize I have no idea how far from the trail I am. That's usually when I start to relax and look for a flat spot to make camp and listen to the forest.

Gunny Webb

Outdoor Member
You can't get lost around here. There's always a say a creek to the south and follow it.
Or a road to the east or whatnot.
In the mountains that's a different story. The "go down hill and follow the drainage" stuff can get you walled out. In the Sierra's people screw up like that all the time.
In the local wildernesss area there is nowhere you can't get out of in 4 hours or less, unless you enjoy circles or get trapped by a rising creek. It does happen to some noobs with no map, compass or map. But they do have a GPS with dead batteries.

JeepThrills

I have never gotten lost on a trial, but I have gotten turned around while walking in the forest. Usually, when I get lost --- it is when I am driving!

Jack999

Never on a trail but when I was a kid got lost in Norway. Couldn't speak the language and didn't know where I was staying. Wondered around the park until I saw something familiar then after what seemed like hours found my way back.