Mind The Dirt

Gondor

To which group of people do you belong: "God made dirt, dirt won't hurt", or "dirt will hurt"? A lot of people have issues with spending time outside for more than a day just because of it.

oldsarge

Just as long as no one has been dumping anything on it, dirt's fine with me.

hummingbird

No problem here. I've been known to get into deep mud and walk around barefoot. I know you could probably get cut or something but it feels so good. A girl can't have too many mudpack facials. *batting eyelashes*

dinosaur

troublemaker
I'm a guy. I get dirty.

I'd also like to point out that all of the food on the planet grows from dirt albeit some indirectly.

ppine

Forester
Clean soil is exposed to ultraviolet light, oxygen and rain keeping it clean. It can be contaminated by man's activities, which is part of the attraction of going out there beyond the reach of people and their dirt. Human settlements are the places with the dirt.

edit- It has occurred to me that many people can't get over the hurdle of "dirt" which is what stops them from spending more time in the outdoors. I was trying to arrange a big deal trip with an old friend from high school, I think it was a Grand Cyn raft trip. He stopped me in mid-sentence and said "I have to have my shower every morning." Think of the self-imposed limitations of that idea. Its like owning horses, you have to be home twice a day unless you take them with you. Many "horse people" spend most of their lives taking day trips because they have to be home to feed.

Last edited:

bsmit212

Dirt is good. Without it nothing would grow. However, like other have said, man can make come dirt bad (such a shame) but not all dirt.

Davefromva

Tool-Shed
I like dirt. I don't mind getting dirty, but at the same time, I try not to eat the stuff. After all, dirt consists of many things including decaying matter in which all kinds of bacteria feasts on, including the harmful kind of bacteria. A few germs just makes for a stronger immune system. But ingesting tons of it is just asking for trouble.

Grandpa

I adhere to the 5 second rule. And with some delicacies, I'll go ten seconds or more.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Barney

I love the dirt. It is something that distinguishes me on a deeper level from most people I know and I love it! It is my signature in this world and I'm proud of it!