My daughter's first camping trip

jumpup

My daughter is 7 and will be camping with her Girl Scout troop. It's her first time camping without me. Any tips on ways to keep her organized? I am convinced she'll return home with half her clothes missing!

campclose

My biggest tip is to label her clothes and only send her with what she needs. Is she going for a whole week? I remember camping with my troop when I was a kid.

jumpup

I never even thought about labeling her clothes! We've been practicing folding her clothes and putting them away immediately after changing.

She's going camping the weekend in two weeks. Each girl in the troop received a whistle in case she gets lost or separated from her group, a flashlight and a bandana.

Hikenhunter

Putting her clothes in ziplock baggies will help to keep them dry, clean and organized until she wears them, also give her a laundry bag to put her dirty laundry in each day. To keep the laundry bag from being an overflowing mess you could tell her to fold the dirty clothes before putting them in the laundry bag. Also mark all her other things as well as her clothing. Things like her flashlight,mess kit etc... can be engraved with her name using a cheap engraving tool found at any hardware or department store, or you can use permanent markers for most things.

Last edited:

Reed

Labeling is a good idea, a lot parents do that these days. I've always rolled my clothes instead of just folding when I go camping. It's a space saving idea I picked in the Army.