NC/SC Saltwater License?

OChunter375

Hi everyone;

Does anyone know if you need a license to fish saltwater in North or South Carolina? I be laying over in each state on a driving trip to Disney and would like to get a little surf fishing. Thanks.

Birddog

I could not believe when Florida went to a saltwater license years ago,didn't imagine them regulating that.i ended up buying a lifetime license,they cost $300 and that doesn't even cover freshwater fishing! Bought my son a sportsmen license lifetime hunting fresh and saltwater fishing for $401 before he turned 5, if you wait to get it by the time he's 12 and up it goes to $1001 for same license .he turns 13 soon,glad I bought it for him when it was cheaper,will save him money his whole life.

OChunter375

I drove 15 hours straight from Orange County, NY to Hilton Head Island, SC. Left about 11:15 at night. Dumped our bags at the hotel and went right to the beach to get my fish on. Started pouring as soon as I got there! Total sucked LOL. I dragged the wife ands kids with me as well. The clouds were rolling in fast. People were leaving the beach and staring at us because we were headed towards the beach. Pretty funny.
I truly felt like Clark Griswold!! LOL. Made it to Orlando the next day in about 5hrs and 15 minutes. I'll try my luck in NC on the way home hopefully.