Need a Saltwater 101!

GA_gal

I know a bit about freshwater fishing but nothing about saltwater fishing. Nonetheless, we're going on vacation to the beach in a few months and despite my recent little mishap sitting on a fish lure, I'd like to get out and catch a few fish from the ocean. What do I need to know? (Aside from, "Don't sit on fish lures!")

ppine

Forester
Ask around a bait shop before you go. Salwater fish tend to be very aggressive. Bait fishing is the easiest. Give them what they want and you will catch lots of fish.

Cappy

Most anywheres along the coast ya can even rent a pole. Piers at night works well and surf fishing is slow but fun. Being a rookie the best advice is find friendly bait shop folks or better yet find an ole geezer fishing and tell him ya a rookie. Most of us old farts love showing folks how.

GA_gal

Ppine and Cappy - thanks for the advice. We're going down to Florida at the end of August and I imagine we'll be fishing from one of the piers. I'll hit up a nearby bait shop and some of the other fishermen on the pier and see what I learn. ;-)