Need some tips

sony

This is my first trip. We are planning trekking in italy. So as its a first time, i would like to know the risks involved and other details as well.
Thanks in advance for your help.

sakthi

Here are some of the thing and above the danger involved it depends on the place.Be safe and careful all the best for your trekking.No need of thanks

Things you must carry with you.

1. matchbox to start a fire, handy candle will be of help.
2. carry a stove to prepare a warm meal, double-check it whether it is filled with fuel,also carry some spare fuel.
3. Waterproof sleeping bag and tents.
4. Raincoat, big enough to cover the backpack and you.
5. travel in group, check whether u have enough supplies for all.
6. Try to speak to people, who are experienced

Talk to locals and read information in guidebooks about the place.

JohnyWalker2000

Trekking is not about danger. it's about fun! As far as element of danger is concerned, it depends on what course you are choosing, whether you have opted for right timing place. One must have proper judgement on ones capability & level of trek that is being chosen. generally, one can chooses a course which is 10-15% above ones capability/ fitness. this would quite interesting. if u are beginer than u must always have a professional/ experienced trekker.

just for your info there are some beautiful trekking locations in uttranchal & himachal. the ones in uttranchal do have special program conducted by tourism dept. join them u'll love it!

pavan

trekking boots - well broken in and waterproofed, running or tennis shoes, down jacket or equivalent with hood, one heavy wool shirt or sweater, two cotton shirts, one pair cotton trousers or shorts, one pair woollen trousers, one pair shorts or calf-length skirt/culottes for women, three pairs of regular underwear, long underwear - thermal or wool, wind- and rain-gear with hood, sun hat with brim, woollen hat or balaclava, woollen mittens or gloves. these are a few tips and there are many more tips.

ACCER

Been through Italy, no real danger that I can think of other than the obvious ones that are common knowledge. Beware of wild animals, if you encounter the, Just the basic cautions. Italy is fun, not dangerous.

shaan

1.camera and film - bring plenty, as film is expensive and not easily available
2.binoculars
3.umbrella - available locally
4.repair kit with needle, thread, tape, glue, scissors, etc.
5.extra water bottle - recommended for Ladakh wind pants, gaiters and down booties - for high
altitude treks small supply of personal energy snacks reading material, playing cars, lightweight
chess board, Scrabble, etc.
6.give-aways such as pens, pencils, books, etc.

henry

Italy is a great place to visit. You have a lot of place to have fun and adventure. But never miss the essential things.

richy

Nose bags made out of feed bags folded in half and bailing twine over the ears are light and easy to replace.
A Green grocery shopping bag is handy for toiletries and spare clothes as you can hang it in a tree while you wash and its easy to get to things.
Canvas buckets and feed buckets from Ruth Manning of Digger Dog are very light and durable. They will stay upright when full of water without support.

anand

Feet.
-Thin, lightweight inner sock liners (2)
-Thick, warm wool hiking socks (3)
-Worn in hiking boots and spare laces
-Camp shoes
-Gaiters

slide

I dont know about italy cos i haven't been there. But there are some common risks like losing track, slides etc.