New dog

ppine

Forester
I am very happy to announce the acquisition of a new 9 week Border Collie puppy. She is named Ruby and is already pretty housebroken. This dog is a handful, but she is very bright and easy to get along with. She slept thru the night on the first night away from the littermates which is unheard of. She is biting my toes as I write this.

I may try to post some pictures for this special event. We will see. It is a great thing to have a new dog. Thanks for all of the support on the forum. The new puppy was born 4 days before dear Bonnie passed in early Nov. The chain is unbroken.

Cappy

Dude I am all choked up with happiness for you. too choked up to collect my thoughts actually so just know that both Peggy and I are thrilled to hear about your new friend. I am sure many happy adventures await, please share some of them if ya don't mind.

Grandpa

Congrats on your newest best friend. It's always a great experience letting a new pup retrain us.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

carmen

That is great happy news but it is sad you did not snap a picture for us all. A friend of mine is looking for a new puppy right now because she knows she is going to lose her buddy soon. Sorry for the passing of your Bonnie too.

BigSur

Yeah, c'mon already! You tease us with that good heart felt story, and then...nada. You gotta upload a picture of this cute little doggy. We will be looking forward to it.

Congrats on finding a new furry friend! I agree that you must share pictures. I quite miss having a dog myself. I don't know if I can ever have a dog again, I took the death of my last furry friend particularly hard. Maybe one day!

NatureGal

Congratulations on your new puppy. I bet she is adorable. I hope you share pictures! I will be anxiously waiting to see them when/if you post them.

campclose

Congrats on your newest family member. I wish that you posted a picture. My kids have been begging us for a new puppy. I am ready but my hubby isn't. I wish he would hurry up already.

Hikenhunter

Congrats on finding a new furry friend! I agree that you must share pictures. I quite miss having a dog myself. I don't know if I can ever have a dog again, I took the death of my last furry friend particularly hard. Maybe one day!
The loss of a furry friend can be a very upsetting time for those of us who realize the value of a pet's companionship, and appreciate it. We all greive in different ways and for different lengths of time. For most of my life I have been fortunate to have a dog with whom I could share company. Those who have gone will never be forgotten but, I have found that no matter how hard it is to lose an old furry friend, it is harder to go on without one. That being said, if you miss your old friend perhaps the healing can be completed by bringing a new one home and embarking on a new chapter in your book of life. It always seems to work for me.

If you miss your old friend perhaps the healing can be completed by bringing a new one home and embarking on a new chapter in your book of life. It always seems to work for me.
I might one day. Both me and and my husband are huge animal lovers, and we're very fond of dogs. We each had trail companions growing up. It's hard to watch old friends go, but new ones can bring a lot of light into your life. I might have to go to the Humane Society and see if a furry friend picks me out. That's how I found my last dog.