New tent

calanta

We are checking out a few options before the summer kicks in fully as we need to replace a couple of things. This week shopping around we are looking at some tents. So far I am really liking Coleman's (which is odd since I never do).

At this point we are really thinking about a weather master, we want to get into more of a group camp setting with a close family set (aunt/uncle) that would like to get "away" from it all too).

outdoorsy

That looks like an awesome tent! Big and roomy! I would make sure you get the rain protection spray for it and be sure to treat it good before you use it the first time.

Longrunsolutions

Fly design

I took a look at the Coleman tent you mentioned. The one concern I have is that it appears to have only a partial fly. Value wise, it's not an expensive tent. Have you check out online reviews?

northernbushape

The Jeepist
With the bigger Colemans, make sure you can set it up and return it if you don't like it.

My wife and I bought one similar to that last year. After we set it up in the back yard, we promptly returned it for being too difficult and cumbersome to set up. It took us over an hour to get the thing set up properly. In my mind a good tent should not take 2 people more than 15 minutes to set up.

We ended up with a smaller 8x10 First-up from Walmart for a little less, but very easy to set up and we are quite pleased. It does not have the extra rooms and what not, but we spend very little time in the tent other than sleeping so no biggy.