Ocean City

campclose

I am planning a trip to Ocean City, MD. this summer. We want to camp for a night and fish too. Has anyone ever been to the area. Any recommendations of where to stay?

RJ Cooper

Yes, I camp there and at times stay with friends there. It is all according to what type of company you'd like to keep. More of a night life camp ground or a more amusement park style campground. I will be there over the fourth weekend.

ppine

Forester
When I was a senior in high school I went to Ocean City every weekend for the whole summer, but that was in 1968. The town has grown tremendously and is now known more for condos than for camping. It is a big resort town with a lot of permanent residents. Charter fishing is a possibility, but for camping I would look somewhere else nearby.

carmen

I have a few friends in that area and it has been years since we went for a visit. Ocean City, MD is a great little hide away that people sometimes skip over. How long are you staying for?

campclose

We are planning on staying for 5 nights. I need to do some research. I don't want to be around a "partying crowd" as my kids will be with me. It has to be somewhere safe. Any help is appreciated.

RJ Cooper

Frontiertown or Fort Whaley is good with kids. Assateague is a good choice too. Take bug spray and a big swatter.