Outdoor fire pits

ATVfan

Would you take your own outdoor fire pit with you when you went camping? We usually camp in campground that have fire pits so we don't take one. We have one at home, it's great!

Hilltopper

We have an outdoor fire pit at home that we use in our backyard, but I would never think of lugging it with us on our camping trips. I'm grateful that this is a piece of equipment we don't need when we go camping.

Outdooruser

I would not bring our fire pit camping with us. They have pits right there. I bring pretty much everything else with us though. I am always getting in trouble for over packing.

popupgirl

We have taken ours a couple of times. Never to a campground but to a friend's field once or twice. There isn't any fire pits there so we knew we needed one. I think they are great if you need them.

greengrass

I have never taken one with us as it seems like most places has some sort of pit already. I try to pack lightly if I can - though that doesn't always work!

looey

For me it would depend if I was going on a long trip or a short one. I doubt I could justify the space needed for a short trip with seeing as how large some of the custom mades can be.

2coastcamper

I used to have one ... it wasn't portable. I dug a hole and built it into by old backyard. It was great ... changed the entire yard. People were always over, and we always had a good time out there.

HappyFeet

I used to have one ... it wasn't portable. I dug a hole and built it into by old backyard. It was great ... changed the entire yard. People were always over, and we always had a good time out there.
When is your next "good time"? I want to visit when you to have a good time.

I don't bring fire pits because I have none. Most camp grounds where I camp have fire pits in place so I don't have to worry about carrying one.