Preppers Forum

Davefromva

Tool-Shed
Im thinking we should make like a "Bug Out" Section. A forum for Prepper Talk and B.O.B. Setups and different topics. Maybe discuss different ways to live off the land and turning your home into a fortress or things like that.
Maybe some Urban Survival talk.

2012 type of stuff

oldsarge

I envy you folks who live out there where you can do this. I'm stuck in a real S**t hole. If the poo poo hits the oscillating rotator around here, I'll be fighting my way out!

Last edited:

Davefromva

Tool-Shed
Yeah it would be nice to link the 2 sites with tabs or something. But a Prepper Forum would be nice to add to the site.

ChadTower

I would prefer NOT to have a Prepper forum. Prepper forums are dogmatic, aggressive, and are as much fighting as anything else. This is a calm and relaxed forum. We respect each other. I guarantee that will change as soon as we start attracting Preppers. I don't dislike preppers, mind you, but they are generally not of the positive vibe that exists here.

Marshmallow

Good luck on your forum. A lot of people I know are really into this stuff, but those who live near me don't have a farm or wilderness area to escape to. They do the best they can with what they have.

Davefromva

Tool-Shed
I would prefer NOT to have a Prepper forum. Prepper forums are dogmatic, aggressive, and are as much fighting as anything else. This is a calm and relaxed forum. We respect each other. I guarantee that will change as soon as we start attracting Preppers. I don't dislike preppers, mind you, but they are generally not of the positive vibe that exists here.
You have a point. Those types of forums tend to attract "Know-It-All's"
But If we keep the forums separate we should be ok and a little help from forum moderators I think everything will be ok.

CozInCowtown

If the boss does decide to do this the forum rules and atmosphere will stay the same.
This is a great family atmosphere and I for one will do my best to keep it this way.
We have only had a couple of minor problems here, that is to be expected, and the occasional hit-and-run spammer and that is because of a really good vision of Jason and a super group of core members.
Management does have ways to deal with problem children.
JMO,
DC

CozInCowtown

I am not really a prepper but we have plenty on hand to last awhile if need arises.
Plenty of goats, some cows would last if required. Problem would be refugees and protecting what we have.
I own third(ish) of a small gunshop so firearms and ammo are plenty.
DC

jason

fear no beer
Ok, it is a very basic setup right now. Extremely basic. Lots of work to do over the month, but feel free to check it out. You can join and post, all that information will stay. It will just be adding stuff, tweaking it some, and getting more uniform look to it. But you all can have a sneak peak and look around, and even get a jump start on posting.

Surviving Urban Disasters

Lamebeaver

Cool,

So the nutters, er I mean preppers have their own forum and don't need to clutter up this place with their paranoia. Thanks Jason!

dinosaur

troublemaker
I'm fairly well prepared. I've had a lot of survival experience. I have a large tract of land, ponds with fish, lots of game, a wood heated cabin with solar electricity, a big garden and a ton of ammunition (not to mention a reloading bench).

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Would you believe that last evening I saw a TV program on Preppers? I think is was the first show of a new series on Preppers...!!

First was about "someone" in the middle of Texas...then another in PA, and another in the midwest. They showed everyones' faces, but no names or exact locations.

One showed...among other things...the pipe bomb mines he was planting on his property for when the Chinese attack us. Another one was where a guy gave his wife a surprise birthday gift...of a large bunker...to be placed underground at a later date...!!

What next...alien repellent...??