Primitive Camping

tater03

So do any of you guys like to go primitive camping? I don't mind it. I love when it's quiet and you don't have all that background noise going on and can just enjoy what nature has to offer.

slide

What is primitive camping? can you explain more about it?
I have camped but i dont know the technical terms been used....

riskey58

Yes I have went primitive camping a few times. I like it, but I would not want to do it all the time.

fbird

that's my main form of camping, could also be called rustic. about the only ammenities are a outhouse and a pump well, sometimes you don't even have those. i've gone bondocking and all you have is what you brought. theres no plumbing, electric, just you and nature, make youre own firepit and enjoy.

atula

I think [rimitive camping is one of the best ways to get to the basics and closest to nature. And once you get the hang of it, you really don't miss the comforts of electricity, hot water etc. More important is nature and you.

tater03

See as long as I have the light where I can read my book I could sit outside or in the tent and read and just be happy.

fbird

usualy a freiend or two, some good drinks and a campfire makes for a goodnight

atula

I agree...it is good to have friends with you so that you have company and can talk for a long long time around the camp fire....

mom2manyboyz

Oh, I thought camping without plumbing was the only way to camp. :) If I'm going to have all the luxuries, I don't see the point in "camping." We just have tents, no electricity or running water.

justontime

Oh, I thought camping without plumbing was the only way to camp. :) If I'm going to have all the luxuries, I don't see the point in "camping." We just have tents, no electricity or running water.
I could live without electricity or running water if I could get to a place to have a proper wash and use the bathroom.