Rambo

Snuggles

I know you've all seen this movie. It's my favorite one of all the Rambo movies. I could really see this happening in the area that I live. Dumb cops and a guy that knows how to survive could describe my town. My favorite part is when he covers himself with mud and blends in with the trees.

BigSur

You gotta admit though, the old war flicks were much more enjoyable than most of them today! Have you seen Stallone's new movies lately? I enjoyed The Expendables but I don't want to see Bullet To The Head.

TakeAHike

I have never been a big Stallone fan, but I have seen this one. I do think that something like this could happen in real life. It is kind of sad to think that a homeless vet could be put in that situation though.

Grandpa

I have never been a big Stallone fan, but I have seen this one. I do think that something like this could happen in real life. It is kind of sad to think that a homeless vet could be put in that situation though.
A lot of homeless people are there by choice. And a lot of these "by choice" people are Nam vets. The nightmares became too much and they took to the streets to forget. There are a lot of ex seals, rangers, delta force types out there that are as well trained as Rambo and there are also enough idiot cops who just have to show there authority. Fortunately, most of these trained soldiers do keep their wits and fortunately, most police officers are sympathetic to their plight. But yes, it could happen.

dinosaur

troublemaker
It is kind of sad to think that a homeless vet could be put in that situation.
Well, yes it is sad. I have no idea how old you are; any of you. But I was around when Jane Fonda and others of her ilk spit on Vietnam vets and called them baby killers. I watched as they killed Kennedy because he wanted to get out of Vietnam. I was around when Lyndon Johnson escalated the "conflict" in Nam repeatedly with his "heavy heart". I watched as my friends died so that arms manufacturers could make fortunes. I watched John Kerry get famous from it as the self appointed leader of Vietnam Vets Against The War. Everyone I knew considered him to be a piece of filth. We still do.

Could this happen? Well, not anymore with Nam vets. Most have gotten too old and found ways to deal with their anger. There was a group of like minded individuals from WWII that started a club called Hell's Angels. We haven't done that yet. Keep your eyes open.