Recommend a camping stove...

EarleD

If a camper needs dual 30k BTU burners then that camper needs to reevaluate their cooking needs/methods. That thing isn't a stove. It's an incinerator. Oof.
I know its overkill, but for an extra $50 you are getting all the stove you will ever need. Plus when my brother and I make our special pepper relish it will be a huge help, as we can now cook it outside.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

I am involved in Boy Scouts and we will use it there too.

ddbck

I agree CampChef is probably the best stove out there. It is big & strong enough to hold large D.O. (Dutch Ovens). The options are endless...ie.. ! burner griddle-2burner griddle-smoker box-grill box- 1burner-2burner-3burner-rib racks-paper towel holder-lid holder-stove lights-flame tamer-heavy duty carry/storage bags for everything. For us the meals are one of the best parts of camping & the CampChef gets it done for sure. Weather you are cooking for 2 or 10 these stoves can handle the job. It will be the last stove you buy & can pass it down for generations. I got a small 5 gal. gas cylinder for mine small for easy transport & lasts a long time. Picked it up at Home Depot. Happy shoping!!!

Last edited:

Birddog

Coleman makes great product and we have never replaced ours, the thing has been beat and bruised but it still works. We have also had a few spills with it when the kids are transporting but if it can hold up to them, it should be able to hold up to anything you toss in the way.
I have picked up coleman stoves as low as $8 at goodwill and flea markets.if it's a coleman,not hard to get back in shape,lanterns or stoves.i always pick them up when I see them,even if to give them to someone just starting out to help them along.good luck !

Grandpa

Our scout unit has a premier outdoor cook on the troop committee. At the recent encampment where we had 30 scouts, leaders and a couple of guests, the scout cooks for the day, with the advise of our chef, made the most unusual dinner.

Take two of the old stainless 10 gallon milk cans, throw a little veg oil in the bottom, throw in about 10 pounds of new red potatoes, a couple heads of cabbage, a few pounds of carrots and onions, a spiral cut ham into each one and a couple dozen ears of corn. Add a little water and some salt and pepper, throw them on the camp chef and let them cook a while.

Make a 2x4 frame about 3 ft x 18 inches, lined with NEW garbage bags stapled to the frame. When the food in the cans is cooked, dump it all into the frame lined with garbage bags, set a couple of big spoons and tongs in there and turn the boys loose to fill their plates.

Just like sloppin the hogs but boy was it good. Even our two city folk guests thought it was great. Camp Chef stoves do have a place, especially for big groups. I'd sure hate to try feeding our herd on a two burner coleman.

stm1957

NotMy1stRodeo
If you have the space and don't mind the weight: Camp Chef!

Did the Coleman white gas 2 & 3 burner stoves for years. Upgraded to a Camp Chef Expedition 3 burner and never looked back... much cleaner (no white gas leaks or spills), more convenient (no pumping or flare-up), more efficient and quicker cooking (90,000 total BTUs --- one burner is more than all 3 on my Coleman) & more options (grill box & griddle).

Camp Chef also uses the same burners on some of their 2 burner stoves.

I'd post photos but this site won't let me???

ppine

Forester
A Brunton propane stove works for 90 % of my trips. I gave up on Coleman after I bought a lantern that was no good, even after I sent to the factory to be repaired.

stm1957

NotMy1stRodeo
Camp Chef in action

Here are a couple photos of our "Expedition" stove doing what it does so well:

[/URL][/IMG]

This little guy is handy for toast or the coffee maker:

Hirsch

I recently retired a 50 plus year old Coleman and have two white gas stoves now that are 20 and 40 years old. I have had two propane and found both problematic an gone back to fuel. The same for lanterns so I would recommend Coleman fuel.

I soured on dual fuel over 40 years ago and will never burn anything except canned fuel (naptha) or white gas if someone brings it out again. The last saw was Amaco premium many years ago.

EmberMike

I've had a Peak1 (Coleman) white gas stove for about 20 years and it is still going strong. I've also known people to have Coleman propane stoves last as long or longer. From time to time Coleman might make a lemon, but I think for the most part their products are solid. There is a good reason why you'll see so many old Coleman products still in use today.

ChadTower

Stay away from the Coleman plastic coolers. I have had awful luck with them. Last year I had one of the wheeled coolers with the handle snapped off so I cut it open to look at the insulation. Only one side was insulated and that was partial. Handle snapped off on maybe the 4th use.

texan4ut

I have an old coleman white gas stove I have used for years, they now make a converter that converts it to propane, in that instead of sliding the gas tank in you slide the propane adapter in. When I have less room I use the propane and when I can haul gas cans I use the tank.

CozInCowtown

Like I said, I am partial of Coleman.
This is a old pic of my "awaiting restoration/overhaul" line.
I have several hundred Colemans in my collection including the holy grail of Colemans the Arc Lantern!!

ddbck

Hands down get a Camp Chef. Well worth the extra $$$. I got a 6lb pancake style propane bottle for mine easy to tote around. I buy a new accessory for the stove each year. I now have double griddle. Single griddle. Grill box. Push button igniter. The stove is awesome & the flame stands up very windy conditions even on low. The Camp Chefs are built l t to last a very long time.
Happy hunting.

ddbck

Hands down get a Camp Chef. Well worth the extra $$$. I got a 6lb pancake style propane bottle for mine easy to tote around. I buy a new accessory for the stove each year. I now have double griddle. Single griddle. Grill box. Push button igniter. The stove is awesome & the flame stands up very windy conditions even on low. The Camp Chefs are built l t to last a very long time.
Happy hunting.