Rosin Baked Potato

Camoguy

I used to go to Cracker Barrel restaurant especially for their Rosin baked potato with sea salt crusted on the outside. I don't know how they did it but I would love to have the recipe to try to recreate it. I'm not sure how they rosined the potatoes or what they used to rosin them with. If anyone has any clue, please let me in on it! I would love to have them again!

Judy Ann

I'm not sure how the Cracker Barrel does theirs, but I will partially cook a baked potato in the microwave, rub olive oil and sprinkle sea salt generously on the outside. I finish cooking them on the grill over indirect heat until they are crunchy on the outside and soft and flaky on the inside. I wonder if they could be wrapped after the microwave, oil, and salt part in foil, and then finished later while camping directly on coals with a brief bit of direct heat afterwards to crisp the outside?

SweetSassyLady

Sounds like a good thing to try Judy Ann. Try it the next time you go out and see what happens. My crew will eat anything-they're usually that hungry after a day of activity so even if it didn't work well it would be gone in my camp. :p

oldsarge

I'm not sure how the Cracker Barrel does theirs, but I will partially cook a baked potato in the microwave, rub olive oil and sprinkle sea salt generously on the outside. I finish cooking them on the grill over indirect heat until they are crunchy on the outside and soft and flaky on the inside. I wonder if they could be wrapped after the microwave, oil, and salt part in foil, and then finished later while camping directly on coals with a brief bit of direct heat afterwards to crisp the outside?
I will be giving this one a try. Both methods!