Speaking of cold - how do you keep your fingertips from freezing?

peanut

I have poor circulation in my hands and feet and have a horrible time with my fingertips being cold during the winter. When you're camping do you have a special technique to keep your hands warm? :tinysmile_fever_t:

Bradsalex

Honestly... put them inside your pants. Your crotch/genital area (however you want to say it) is the warmest place on your body. Also if you don't want to look like a fool you can put them in your armpits, well if you don't want to look like AS MUCH of a fool anyway.

If your talking about things to put on your hands, use mittens instead of gloves. With mittens your fingers are all together and can share the warm blood that goes into each finger to add more heat. Using gloves basically segregates each finger to fight for itself and only have the heat that it gives off.

trader

The armpits work good for me too. Rubbing them together and blowing on them work well too. Of course there's the good old standby.......gloves!!

Camoguy

You can also get those chemical packs that you break the one pack which is sealed in the main pack and when the two chemicals mix together they get hot. I usually keep some of those in the car for a "just in case". You never know if you'll get run off of the road in bad weather.

jeddah

Have some super-warm mitts in reserve or close to you or just stash it in your bag. Another way is move them constantly, replace frozen gloves, rub and warm them up and anything that will stop them from freezing.