Starting to feel like Fall

Greatoutdoors

I know it is only the day after Labor Day, but at least here it is starting to smell and feel like Fall. We haven't had a really terrible Summer this year so I wonder if we are going to have a really cold Winter?

ppine

Forester
How can a summer be terrible?
Fall fishing is just around the corner. A 5 day canoe trip on the Sacramento River to fish for king salmon in late Sept. A week at Davis Lake in Oct for large rainbows and browns. Then Pyramid Lake, NV with the Indians for really big Lahontan Cutthroat Trout.

Last edited:

Lorax

We're getting that feeling here. In three weeks I'm taking the wife backpacking in the UP. There should be good fall color by then.

cabinfever

The Farmer's Almanac is predicting a long, cold and snowy winter with at least one record-breaking storm in February. The people who make the predictions base them on old school knowledge, not meteorology, but they average a correct rate of 85%, so there might be something to it.

Stargazer

We are definitely getting that crisp feeling that comes with Fall. Fall is my favorite time of year. I prefer a mild winter. I am the person who always manages to get snowed in at work instead of home.

mamabear

I've heard that same thing cabinfever. We're supposed to have a long and very cold winter. I can deal with the cold better than I can the snow. After living in Colorado for several years, I 've had enough snow to last a lifetime. :)

TakeAHike

We're getting that feeling here. In three weeks I'm taking the wife backpacking in the UP. There should be good fall color by then.
It should be nice and chilly for you by then! My family lives in the UP and my uncle always says he hopes summer falls on the weekend. We are starting to get fall temps here too.

jason

fear no beer
Still hot here. What little work I've gotten in the garden nothing is really growing. Still full of sweat by 10am. What I think of fall is usually around November here. I do miss the changing of leaves and stuff like that.

Cappy

It's 94 today so it has cooled off some and the good news is the humidity is only 70% Fall?? I'll get bck to yall after Thanksgiving:tinysmile_tongue_t::tinysmile_fatgrin_t

carmen

It was nice overnight and we had a backyard barbeque but over the early morning hours it must have dropped a ton. Being overcast today with the wind picking up we are due for a storm or cooler weather is around the corner.

Marlowe

This is the time of year I get jealous of you northerners. It's still 90+ here in south Florida and everyday rain. It usually doesn't start cooling off until mid to late October. It's not uncommon to be running the a/c in December. I miss the cooler autumns, but not the cold winters.