The door bell rang...

Northern Dancer

The doorbell rang and when I got there to open it there was no one there. Just a package sitting on the veranda bench. It's got my name on it so I assumed it belonged to me. I wasn't expecting anything so I'm really intrigued. It's a birthday present! So the first thing I want to know is how a "top secret" piece of information was exposed and by whom? Anyway...I was sheepishly surprised and without future ado, I opened the box.

My canoe partner sent me three items that I do not have. Now that's really intuitive thinking because I was absolutely sure I have every piece of equipment one could possibly have. So...what did he send me?

ONE - a personal life straw, a neat water filter device. Remember I got sick swallowing water.
TWO - a space-age coffee mug that keeps your coffee hot for hours though the outside is perfectly cold. I'm forever throwing out cold coffee. I tested this cup and it does what it says.
THREE - since I always complain about those confounded BBQ lighters that always seem to run out of fuel or will not work in damp weather. He sent me a super lighter that has a long-lasting supercharger battery. The life expectancy is 500-66 uses per a one hour charge.

2908 2909 2910

Northern Dancer

Those are very thoughtful gifts from your canoe partner. I wish you a belated happy birthday!
-----> Thank you "DecafChalie" - nice to see you online. The interesting thing is my birthday is a closely kept secret. The second thing is I'm well equipped so the gift was carefully thought out as you say.