The Polar Vortex!

BigSur

Check this out and watch this guy turn boiling water into snow, instantly! Yes, this is how cold it is for me today in the south east. I can't imagine living in Chicago or Detroit! Brrr! Our temperature right now is 10 degrees.

It's 19 degrees here. We're only supposed to have a high of about 28 degrees. However, because I live in the wonky, super-bizarre south, the temperature for this weekend is supposed to jump up to the 60s. I can't wait for it!

campingmom

I watched one on the news where the reporter put antifreeze into a jar and left it outside. He came back to the jar 30 minutes later and it turned to slush. Imagine what the antifreeze might be like after your car is sitting out in the extreme cold all day long. The low temperature where I am at here in Ohio between Monday night and Tuesday morning was -16, but with the wind chill it was about -40.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I am located in the Northwest corner of Indiana. Sunday it was -10. Monday it was -22. Yesterday it started at -14 and gradually worked itself up to -2. Today's high is predicted to be 18, tomorrow 26 and Friday 35. It'll be in the forties over the weekend. Proof positive that if you don't like the weather in Indiana, stick around. It will change.

Oh, did I mention we got three feet of snow (lake effect) while all this was going on.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Yes, straight anti-freeze will jell up in colder temps. Anti-freeze in your car's radiator will not jell when installed properly...usually a 50-50 mix of anti-freeze and water.

Figure that one out...!! :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Here's an interesting addend to the storms we have just experienced. How would you introduce this guy if he came to a blizzard party you were having?

Attachments

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
It's 19 degrees here. We're only supposed to have a high of about 28 degrees. However, because I live in the wonky, super-bizarre south, the temperature for this weekend is supposed to jump up to the 60s. I can't wait for it!
I'm in SC too. 18 the other night. It's 40 or so now and up to 60 this weekend. Probably down in the 40s in a few more days. That's why we don't worry about snow much, sure for two days you're trapped in the house, but then it will melt and it will be 50 or 60 again.

Greatoutdoors

It was in the single digits here earlier this week, but tomorrow's high is in the 50's. According to the Farmer's Almanac (which has been extremely accurate so far), we will get another chance for snow in a week or two.

campclose

That was really cool. I am so glad it has warmed up here. Today we are supposed to see 40 degrees! Tuesday morning it was -6 degrees! Over the weekend it is supposed to be 50 with rain!

Cappy

What a difference a few days make!! We were just trying to frantically save or citrus now we spent the day BBQin in the yard in the 70 degree sunshine, and this is the only ice fishing we did:

jason

fear no beer
What a difference a few days make!! We were just trying to frantically save or citrus now we spent the day BBQin in the yard in the 70 degree sunshine, and this is the only ice fishing we did:

Went from the 40's to the 80's here. Lost my Seminole pumpkin plant and some other veggies as we hit bellow freezing a few nights. Wish I could have enjoyed it more but just about everyone has been sick.