The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

Got a huge platter of spicy cajun fried chicken, smoked duck gumbo and tater salad charly Brown cookies and assorted Peggy candies and such all done cept for a big pot of rice still steaming ready for the game then the fire and hope you all have a family and friend filled Christmas

Pathfinder1

Hi...!!

Well, a different story today...Our County here in the lower Catskill mountains (NY) was almost COMPLETELY closed down to a PREDICTED ice storm...!! Yet, the sanders didn't come to life until after noon...Resulting in multiple vehicle crashes throughout our area...It's now almost 6:00 pee em, and haven't heard anything new about road conditions, so, hopefully...Most of the roads might be clear now...!! People actually couldn't walk on our Streets this morning...even pedestrians were having a Slip'N-Slide time on the roads...!! Will anything good come from this...??

Well, my SIL does own a thriving, local auto body repair shop...!!

Cappy

Have yall noticed the older ya get the harder it is to recoup from parties? Christmas was wonderful in the 70's and I wore a red tee shirt with my Santa hat. It was great seeing kids I watched grow up come back to the neighborhood with their kids. I picked several bags of citrus for them and it was a great day. I had too much to drink later sitting by the fire by myself missing my dad and talking to him. 2 days later I am still dragging ....... gotta get er in gear cause folks are coming to visit for New years.

Cappy

Me and oldest son went to a gumbo festival the week before Christmas a few years ago. The way the contest worked for 5$ ya got 4 cups in a tray and 1 wooden nickel ya tasted ya 4 1 cup bowls and put the wooden nickel in front of the one ya liked best. A fun charity event with 1$ beer and live music. We had a ball each voted 3 times(lots of jumbo) and wound up hanging around with one of the teams that were drinking and having a ball now that the cooking was done. Turns out they won 1st in wild game gumbo and got a big cup like that. They pored a 6 pack in it and passed it around to the team me and son Dan we drank passing the cup around listening to good music and eating blue ribbon gumbo till after midnight the fest closed at 10. Thanks yanke Dancer for reminding me of that story.

Roybrew

Had to check out a lake on top of a mountain in Virginia, and little under 2 hours away.
It has primitive camping and no motor boats allowed. It sits at an elevation around 3500 feet. It is 30 minutes drive from Abingdon Virginia, and temperature dropped 10 degrees Fahrenheit when we got to the lake. It was 27 degrees and snowing.
I will be back in the spring

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

Our new years tradition is cabbage, I smothered ours down with ham and Cajun goodness. Black eyed peas with smoked meat and black iron pan corn bread. those are for wealth health and happiness. We had a big ham, I cut the shank end off and used it in the cabbage. And we had salad and pie and etc for new years. Now tornado warnings and thunder storms have us rained out we are playing board games and watching net flix and enjoying our friends who are staying an extra day cause of the rain

jason

fear no beer
Our new years tradition is cabbage, I smothered ours down with ham and Cajun goodness. Black eyed peas with smoked meat and black iron pan corn bread. those are for wealth health and happiness. We had a big ham, I cut the shank end off and used it in the cabbage. And we had salad and pie and etc for new years. Now tornado warnings and thunder storms have us rained out we are playing board games and watching net flix and enjoying our friends who are staying an extra day cause of the rain
How did you make out? You can send some of that rain down here.

Grandpa

Here's one you won't hear often. Temps in the area hit the minus 20's last night. My niece lives on a ranch way out on the Utah/Nevada border. School bus wouldn't start, her son didn't want to miss so he headed for school in the ranch pickup. Hit a well frozen cow turd and blew a tire. Now thats COLD.

Simplify

Well, it is official. The plant I work at is closing and moving to Mexico. Perfect opportunity to go on an extended backpacking/cycling trip.