Tripping, & crashing over guylines

Northern Dancer

HELLO EVERYONE in OutdoorBasecamp.com. I hope you are all doing better than best.

I'm just itching to get out on the water and find my secret campsites.
Days are getting longer, camp shows are abundant, and excitement is in the air.

I don't know what my motivation was but I took in a camp safety seminar. I was intrigued about what they would be demonstrating. It was better than I expected because there were things they were talking about and sharing that certainly included me.

They illustrated several things including tent fires, intruders, cooking accidents, water dangers, and animal visits. One of the issues covered was the tripping over guylines. Bingo! Every year...every year, there is a time when I trip over the guy line and do some magical twists and turns and sometimes crash. It is my custom to keep my campsite clean and tidy and insist it is that way because I've fallen over stuff lying on the ground in the daytime.

I'm going to be attentive in managing safety when it comes to setting up any tent.
1) All guylines will be used as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
2) I will use bright swimming pool noodles at least 24 inches in length and wrap them around the lines.
3) I'll be using a standing night light [that I always use anyway]. I have one of those turn-on/turn-off models.
4) Use a night light inside the tent that comes on automatically and stays on until I have turned it off.

4341 4342 Plain white or multi-coloured on a timer, with a handy dandy remote.

FUNNY VIDEO YOU ARE SURE TO ENJOY
"Camping Stereotypes"
sponsored by Brass Pro Shops
Done well

ppine

Forester
I put plastic flagging on some of the guy lines. Make sure everyone in your party has a headlamp so they don't stumble around camp.