Under the stars

NatureLover

Do you ever just enjoy a night out under the stars? I have a hammock that I enjoy sleeping on and I love to take a night to myself and just sleep out back on it once in a while. I suppose this isn't truly camping, but its similar. :tinysmile_sleep_t:

3ofusnow

We just hang out in the yard under the stars all the time. Just sitting around in the quiet listening to birds and the crickets.

Taggart

When I was younger, I used to go out walking with friends and we seemed to pay more attention to the stars that I typically do now.

It's great to re-discover them every now and then. As for hammocks, once I fell asleep in one on vacation and my wife had a hard time waking me. It was very restful, for some reason.

NatureLover

The stars are one of the most extraordinary things in this world, in my personal opinion. Star gazing is a hobby or mine that I dearly love. Hammocks are certainly wonderful aids when it comes to relieving stress and anxiety. I have a classic, tree hammock. I intend to purchase one of those newer style hammocks with a base soon. Now that my trees are growing at a rapid pace, they are blocking my view.

jason

fear no beer
Sadly I live close enough to a wal-mart and soccer/baseball park that their lights block out any chance to see any stars. Then there is the busy road near me too.

I am looking forward to the day when I can move out into the country and see the stars once again.

2coastcamper

Sadly I live close enough to a wal-mart and soccer/baseball park that their lights block out any chance to see any stars. Then there is the busy road near me too.

I am looking forward to the day when I can move out into the country and see the stars once again.
I'm kind of in the same boat ... right next to a massive shopping center. As soon as we're ready, though, a house with a big back yard and quiet surroundings is going to be our priority.

daniels_co

well i did... couple times even, but i have to tell u that the best is in the mountins, no moon, u see a real dark sky (because is no ligts from the sides) and a lot of starts, more then u see in a night in a city.

Last edited:

calanta

I need to get a new hammock here at the house and I am trying to see how the little one will do with it since she is still in the process of learning how to work movable chairs (like office type ones), goodness knows a hammock will be a sure challenge for her. :D

failghe

When I was growing up in New York I would sleep outside without a tent all the time, sometimes setup the tent but ended up sleeping around the campfire instead. Now down here in Florida I have only done that once. I am too afraid of the mosquitoes, other scary bugs, spiders, snakes, and spooky furry animals.
When I went out to Vegas a few years ago we drove out to the Grand Canyon and on the way back I stopped the car at like 2am,in the middle of nowhere and the stars were so bright and plentiful. Simply amazing.

justontime

I have never slept out without a tent (I live in England) but I do enjoy sitting out in the late evening looking up at the stars and watching the moths and the bats.

NatureLover

That is just too bad that some of you can't see the stars. I think you all need to take a night off and just visit nature and enjoy the surroundings. It truly makes one think just how wonderful of a place we live in.