USB Periodization??

Roybrew

Bronze age, iron age, middle age and maybe we are now in the USB Age. I've got several things that are rechargeable with a USB cable. 2 lanterns, several power supplies, a fan, a Bluetooth speaker, cell phone, water dispenser and I'm sure there's lots more that I am not aware of. What's next?
Roy

ppine

Forester
What's next is to recover from all of this tech by sleeping on the ground. Building a fire, walking in the woods and taking it all in. I don't want to watch movies, play games, check my email or call anyone when I am camping We are going backwards. New study shows that many people check their phones 100-300 times a day. Yuck.

Recently I was in Seattle and went downtown to the big REI store. My new stock RAm diesel was too tall for the parking garage. I found three spots on the street but all required a Smartphone to pay. I have a cell phone but it is not smart. I left and will avoid downtown and places like it in the future.

Northern Dancer

It's also the advent of the super robot - the ones that can't think, respond, and smile, and play sufisicated games. I've seen a "therapeutic" robot that can stay with a dementia patient and never have to sleep, eat, or go to the washroom. If they ever learn how to paddle a canoe I will be in serious trouble. Can you imagine? I'm sitting at a campfire and the only companion that I have is a robot programmed to talk camp. It scares the Cheerios right out of you don't it?

ppine

Forester
Headed out next week to camp at 6,000 feet. I take a trailer this time of year. It will be just me and the dog.
In November, I will be camping closer to home, and then I can invite some people to come out to camp for dinner with a nice fire and food cooked in Dutch Ovens.