Water Jug

Roybrew

Has anyone used one of these collapsible water jug?Screenshot_20230702-105322-720.png
We always take 4 to 5 gallons of water when we go camping. Even if staying in a campground that has water. I figure about 5 gallons is about right for up to 4 days. We use treated lake water when we do dishes and cleaning up. I'm curious if these collapsible jugs do well.
Roy

Northern Dancer

I have used those types but I find that hard case ones more acceptable for my needs. It all depends on what you are using it for and why. Same with water bottles and such.

4151 4152 These are the containers I use for basecamp

4153 Base Camp Water Filter Unit for Canoeing 4154 4155

Roybrew

A filtering device is a necessity when being out for extended trips. So far I have been able to carry potable water on my little.
Roy

Northern Dancer

A filtering device is a necessity when being out for extended trips. So far I have been able to carry potable water on my little.
Roy
-----> I think that's the point - if you can carry it as opposed you can't carry it. Water is very weighty. When starting a trip I always have my water bottle full but I wouldn't be able to carry all the water that I would need.

I was looking online and viewing the multiplicity of containers, filtration systems, and the like; we sure have come a long way and there are a lot of choices.

Roybrew

Wow WallyWorld even sells the Sawyer brand. Lot more inexpensive, I try to avoid saying cheap, then I knew.Screenshot_20230705-141819-947.png
Are these junk or do they work well?
Last spring when me and brother went, we had to purchase water at a boat dock to get us thru till the next day. Yep that last day really sucked when his boat batteries died on way back. That was a different tho.
Roy

Northern Dancer

...I certainly luv the price. Most of the better water filter systems tend to be more expensive. I'm not familiar with this brand.

A review by Backpacker in 2019 said, "The Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System is the ideal minimalist water purification method for any backpacking trip. Working hard as your intestine’s guardian against questionable sources of drinking water, the Sawyer MINI has got your back(side). It offers multiple options to cleanse contaminated water, and is there to make sure you spend more time hiking (and less time squatting). "

Like every product you read very carefully what the manufacturer is saying about the product, what users say about it, and what the professionals say about it.

But it seems to be okay.

ppine

Forester
I just drove across Nevada in 100 degree heat up to eastern Idaho. I carry a 7 gallon blue cube shaped water container in the truck.
Some of that country has no shade. Pulling over to take a rest is not so easy ,especially with my trusty Border Collie.

Northern Dancer

I just drove across Nevada in 100 degree heat up to eastern Idaho. I carry a 7 gallon blue cube shaped water container in the truck.
Some of that country has no shade. Pulling over to take a rest is not so easy ,especially with my trusty Border Collie.
-----> You are right. I must say that I have never experienced a temperature of 100 degrees. [We are having a heat wave in this neck of the woods at about 85 degrees.] I really can't imagine the temperature you are describing. A point about the type of water filter displayed may be absolutely useless if in fact there is no water.

Roybrew

It hot 93 degrees here today. And about 70% humidity. Storms rolling thru this evening. I don't camp when it's the hot and humid
Roy