Wet and Wild St. Croix River Day has something for everyone

jason

fear no beer
Interstate State Park is encouraging people to add some variety to their summer plans by hosting numerous special events featuring scuba diving demonstrations, canoeing, fishing and more. Wet and Wild St. Croix River Day will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, July 24.
The public is encouraged to come for the day or for an extended stay to discover the diverse natural resources and recreational opportunities available along the St. Croix River.
Participants are invited to paddle a voyageur canoe with Wilderness Inquiry and watch the National Park Service Dive Team in action as they demonstrate scuba diving, said Jenni Webster, Interstate State Park naturalist. “Participants will also be able to fish from shore with MinnAqua, explore the amazing world of mussels with Minnesota Eco Services, and get up-close and personal with live fish through Fishing in the Neighborhood.”
Special presentations will be offered every half-hour on topics such as fishing basics, fish identification, scuba diving, aquatic mussels and canoeing. Opportunities for geocaching, touring the Glacial Potholes, and camping are also available.
The Wet and Wild St. Croix River Day will take place at the south end of the park near the boat landing and campground area.
There is no fee for this event, but a park sticker is required for all vehicles parking in the park. The daily vehicle permits are available at the park for $5 each. Interstate State Park is located just off of U.S. Highway 8 near Taylors Falls, Minn.
For more information about the event, call (651) 465-6523. More information about Interstate State Park is available online or by calling the DNR Information Center at 651-296-6157 or toll-free 888-MINNDNR (646-6367).

Jimbo

That sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'll bet Minnesota has all sort of events like that up there. It's just that it gets so cold in the winter.

staime

I have heard of the place before but I have never had the chance to go, maybe in a few years if I am lucky since we have some other plans in the fire. I am amazed though that the prices are so cheap!