What are you listening to

eyebp

Senator
Alright......I'm going to try it somewhere else.

Last edited:

CozInCowtown

Alright. Im figuring this out.
Okay, step up to the chalkboard......
Over at YouTube, below the video you want you will see a "share" button.
Click the "Share" button, copy the link it provides.
Over here at OBC you will need to paste the provided link into the text box/ reply box.
Click "Submit Reply" button and you are done.
I hope this helps,
DC

eyebp

Senator
Okay, step up to the chalkboard......
Over at YouTube, below the video you want you will see a "share" button.
Click the "Share" button, copy the link it provides.
Over here at OBC you will need to paste the provided link into the text box/ reply box.
Click "Submit Reply" button and you are done.
I hope this helps,
DC
That is exactly what I did.

ppine

Forester
Grandpa,
Thanks for the video. Now thats what I call western.

I always liked Ken Curtis because he put a lot of effort into acting and developed his Festus character from family he had in eastern Colorado. He rode a mule which were very common in those days. Most people don't realize what a wonderful voice he had singing with the "Sons of the Pioneers." Cindy has dredged up an old SOP tune from the 1920s called "Nighttime in Nevada." In order to get the sheet music she has to write to the residence of the descendants of the band.

Last edited:

Grandpa

Jimmy Wakely was another of the old "Singing Cowboys" from the '40's and early 50's. He was starting to climb right up there with Roy and Gene and Rex and Tex when health issues shut him down. I remember him singing his version of Nighttime in Nevada. Of course I didn't know just how far back that song went. I really can't remember if I heard him at the movie house or saw one of his old movies on the tv. By the way, a movie cost 14 cents to attend back in them days. A lot of times, we could get a free pass with the cardboard stopper from a glass milk bottle. Since we drank raw milk, my friends would save me extra stoppers so I could go to the saturday matinee's with them.

When It's Nighttime In Nevada - Jimmy Wakely - 1948 - YouTube

JeepThrills

I am usually listening to new age music, such as David Arkenstone or Cusco. At the moment, however, I am sitting here listening to the ticking noise of the ice maker. It kind of sounds like a choo-choo train.

ppine

Forester
Grandpa,
Wow. You are good. That version sounds dated, but it is a wonderful song that Cindy sang twice over the weekend.

Reading other people's responses it is obvious why some of us have such different approaches to the outdoors. My time outside and driving on lonely highways for that matter is greatly enhanced by music. But I am not talking about Techno, Metal or any other loud stuff. Acoustic music with traditional instruments lowers my blood pressure. If the songs are about mountains, horses, wildlife, cattle, and living outdoors so much the better. I recommend it to everyone. When you get ready to go backpacking or a long trip, remember your outdoor music as part of your equipment list.

Try these on Pandora- Brenn Hill, Don Edwards, Jon Chandler, Cowboy Celtic, Corb Lund, Ian Tyson, Mike Beck, Tom Russell, Robert Earl Keene, Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, and Chris LeDeoux.

Last edited:

CozInCowtown

I have been a Parrot Head from way back.
Around 1988 or 89 we were rooting around Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas helping the Coasties do drug interdiction when a seaplane landed in the bay.
Being bored we sashayed ourselves over to where he tied up to check it out.
We were standing on the dock snapping some pics (y'all remember 110 film?) when this guy jumps out and wants to know what we are doing. We told him who we were and was just admiring his plane so he invited us on board and gave us the nickle tour.
Afterwards we invited him over to where we were docked and gave him the nickle tour of the tin can and our heloflopter (USS Thorn and SH-2 Seasprite) we were assigned to at the time.
Hung out with the guy and found out later in the day over lunch and drinks.......wait for it......he was Jimmie Buffett!!
Super nice guy!
DC

Last edited:

Cappy

Yea Jimmy is a nice guy. A little too liberal for us though. He is in New Orleans often and Peg and I have run into him a few times. Mostly in the music bars in the french quarter. We love live music and often visit our favorite bars for live blues and jazz.

Mudder