What do you do to pass the time while camping?

Wild Bill

Someone asked me this a while back and I thought to myself, camping IS what you do to pass the time.

Maybe I missed the point of the question, so I'm asking what do you do to pass the time while camping?

tentwolfette

How about what don't you do? We hike, canoe,eat,look at the scenery.We love looking for old dirt roads to find to either walk or drive.We find old historic foundations,old gravesites,old tannerys,old mills.We take the most greatest invention the woods GPS and find trails that other wise you wouldn't even know where there.We also swim, take lots of pictures.We go camping seven days out of each month in ny in camping season. So again if they need to ask they really should not be camping.Also at night I map out our next days adventure either reading or actully mapping it out.

LytWind

I don't have free time when I go to camping. There are many things to do while you are in the wild. So I can't think of idle time when I camp.

Morgan

When I am resting, if this is what you refer as passing the time, I just sat down and enjoy the scenery. The feeling of being with nature is very pleasing to the senses.

Pebbles

While the boys go and try to fish, I get to relax and maybe read a bit. We go on hikes or go swimming. At night, do some star gazing and play games like charades. It's always fun.

calanta

Sit. Relax. Walk around. Enjoy nature. Eat. Repeat.
I think relax is one of the things most of us overlook, sometimes we never get away enough to enjoy each trip so every now and then a trip can be ruined from someone being too anxious to actually enjoy the time away. I have done this myself a few times. :)