What do you sleep on?

Archer

For short trips, I don't mind just bringing a sleeping bag and maybe an extra blanket for padding and just sleeping on the floor of the tent - but usually I bring an air mattress and pray it doesn't leak while I sleep. I have friends who sleep on lounge chairs! What do you prefer?

Lovefall

If we tent camp we always have an air mattress and a back-up air mattress too! Are you kidding me... I don't want to be uncomfy even if it's 1 night! I'm too old to sleep on the ground.

BigBackyard

Yes, as a family we now take air mattresses. When it was just me I would just take a camping mat and mat do with it, but I get too many protests when I suggest that.

Hilltopper

I have to have an air matress to sleep on. One time I tried to do with out it, I didn't sleep well, and I could barely move the next morning. It took me until almost noon to work most of the kinks out.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

The Scout

Sleeping bag, blanket and foam pad, and I rest in the lap of luxury.

We usually try to pitch tents on a nice bed of Pine needles or some wild streamside grass. Don't care much for hard dirt or clay.

hummingbird

We bring cots AND foam pads. The cots are too hard for me so I bought everyone foam pads to go on them. I am NOT going to sleep on anything hard or on the ground. I can't get up and down that well so I go for the comfort.

frank6160

As age has caught up with me some I always use an air mattress. If not for them my camping would not be as enjoyable or as often.

Longrunsolutions

Age is what makes everyone a matress camper at some point. And the products are really great today even for extended backpacking trips. My wife and I have found that 2" thickness allows for sleeping on our side without the hip bone touching the ground. This means I sleep like a baby.....baby. Both Therma Rest and Big Agnes make great backpacking pads that weigh about 2 lbs.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
We do a lot of camping around the 6000 foot + level so I use a sturdy air mattress to get me off the ground. The cold ground in the mountains can really suck the heat out of you so I prefer to have a few inches of air between my body and the ground. I stay much warmer by doing this. We also use pine needles for extra insulation under the tent in some places.

The Scout

Oh after a good day of fishing and hiking along with a few pulls off the jug during poker, I could sleep in a Tree.