What drives you up the wall?

Simplify

What drives you up the wall?

One thing that does to me is when I am at work and trying to focus on what I am doing and co-workers continually want to talk and distract me from what I am doing.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

A forklift...!!

But really, not too much...excepting for some of the idiot drivers one encounters...and this includes shopping carts. There's never a bucket of hand grenades around when you need them...!!

Last edited:

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Phones in movie theaters. Who pays $12 to text for two hours? And it's not even the texting, at least some may need to communicate, but messing with Facebook or even playing games, wtf? They seriously need to build new theaters with passive signal blocking so they don't get reception...

ppine

Forester
Rude people in the outdoors. Choosing the right places to go helps a lot. I now avoid confrontations because people are often armed and crazy.

CozInCowtown

Driving with cell phones.
Cell phones should requite a state issued license like a drivers licensee.
People should then be given an option, a drivers license or a phone license. One or the other but never both!
JMO,
DC

Atehequa

Rude people in the outdoors. Choosing the right places to go helps a lot. I now avoid confrontations because people are often armed and crazy.
Kind of reminiscent of how the boundaries of civilization may of very well been perhaps around 1715 or so. Just shy of the eastern slopes of the Appalachians was all but lawless place. Frontier justice. Beyond the eastern slopes a howling wilderness. Back then just as today, crazy people with guns could be a terrible calamity, until the sane people with guns stealthily crept into their camp. It could be deadly, but usually these crazy people were robbed of all their earthly possessions and shooed back east over the mountains.

Of course when camping, especially with our womenfolk and children, rude people make for an unsettling experience. I for one do not care for those who amble right into my camp, without calling in first. Damn bad manners.

Having been a life long camper, I've did my share of campsite reveling. We usually start after returning from fishing or hiking late in the day. Libations, passing the pipe, supper, more quaffing, sometimes music, most always gambling, a bit of ribaldry, story telling, laughter and perhaps howling at the moon or the stars if there were no moon to be had, but always respected the quite time in all of the state or national camping areas we visit.

Camp the way you want, but don't infringe on others doing likewise. S#!t man, a couple of years ago we were camping in Big Meadows and were kept up all the first night by some drunken college kids. The following morning, while they slept off their night of swilling booze, we walked over by their camp and had an extremely long, loud discussion of how those huge meadows were formed ages ago. When they proceeded to disregard quite time the next night, we visited them as crazy people with dogwood walking sticks. Needless to say, they agreed not to be so loud.

Simplify

This reminds me of when I used to go to the annual Ice fishing tourney on Lake Winnepesaukee, New Hampshire and camped on the ice overnight. People would be playing their boom boxes on the lake. Drove me crazy

thelastsurrealist

Customers. In particular, ignorant customers. It makes it worse because I work directly with animals in retail. Not only is my job naturally demanding (I maintain aquariums) and time consuming, but most customers have next to no idea about the animal(s) they are thinking about buying. So, I end up becoming an vastly underpaid educator. I don't mind it sometimes, but a few people in particular require way too much of my time when they could get better information from a book or just reading online. This is single-handedly the number one thing that drives me crazy these days.

Simplify

Customer service is the reason why I left my last career.

What I couldn't stand was when I was in their house talking to them and they were as friendly as could be but then after I left they called the office and complained behind my back.

Or the ones who thought they knew more about the problem because of something they read online and acted like they knew more about troubleshooting than you did.

Last edited:

ppine

Forester
The other one that gets me is people that post videos on forums like this one and don't know what they are talking about. I have seen people almost get killed with a chainsaw, and they think it is a handy example of how to use one. Recently a guy talks about "how to get water from a stream." He thinks if the water is moving fast it is safe. Overconfidence is one of the things that gets people in a lot of trouble.

Simplify

Or also the people at work who think they are better at doing everybody else's job than they are, and it is their job to 'educate' them in the 'proper' way to do the job.

dinosaur

troublemaker
People who speak in "bumper sticker". You know, those whose opinions consist of parroting things they were told by others without ever investigating for themselves; factless people who have found "truth".