Wimped out

cabinfever

I'm sort of hanging my head in shame here. A buddy of mine wanted me to go on a trek today and I wimped out. It's just too darn cold today and I don't want to move off the couch, let alone walk up a mountain with the stiff wind that's blowing.

I must be getting old.

CaverGroupie

I'm glad you wimped first! It's been a tough fall for me, and this back and forth warm-cold thing has just got me chilled and unable to get it out of my bones! I don't want to go out either!

Can't be helped, sometimes. If you wouldn't be able to enjoy yourself, what's the point in going? Sometimes staying in and building a fire is a wiser idea.

Pathfinder1

I'm sort of hanging my head in shame here. A buddy of mine wanted me to go on a trek today and I wimped out. It's just too darn cold today and I don't want to move off the couch, let alone walk up a mountain with the stiff wind that's blowing.

I must be getting old.

Hi...

Well, if you were enveloped by the 'blasts' Montana and environs were recently getting, I wouldn't blame you...!!

Marlowe

Total wimp here when it comes to the cold weather. Maybe that's why I fell in love with Florida. I do miss the mountains and the autumns, though. Today it's cold here, high of 69. :)

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
its amazing how warm you can be hiking in shorts and a t shirt in 45 degree weather. go up a few hills and you warm up quick. then you freeze when you stop.

campclose

Only you can make that decision. If you are feeling guilty you probably made the wrong decision. You can always add clothing and keep warm. I try to get out and hike as often as I can.

Stargazer

I am not a cold weather trekker. I would rather trek over the sand dunes than trek through the snow drifts. However I am not opposed to burying the kids in the snow; although sand doesn't melt so it could take longer to find them. (Sorry my mind got away from me there. You must admit 3 weeks is a week too long for the kids to be out of school for winter break.)

BigSur

I wouldn't mind doing it if I was warm in my gear. But, the second that I am cold and getting uncomfortable, I'm out! I'm a wimp when it comes to that stuff too. I'd rather sit by the fire and watch football! :)

Barney

Don't blame yourself. Sometimes even the best of us are not up for the challenge. Even though I can't live without my outdoor therapy I love my couch. :D