Winter Fish

Snuggles

Heading out to the east coast next weekend for a little R & R. Not interested much in fishing, just relaxing. However, I do hope there are some fresh fish available at the market. What's biting this time of year. Anybody know?

Judy Ann

Don't you live in NC? Check at the local fish market when you get there since they will have fresh seafood from the Gulf Stream in addition to right off the jetty, local rivers, bays or just off the coast. My favorite shops are located right by the pier or where the larger fishing boats dock. I don't purchase seafood at the grocery store if I'm anywhere near the coast!

Snuggles

Thanks Judy Ann. I will check by the dock. That's where we get most of our seafood when we buy it. I am totally spoiled when it comes to shrimp after buying it right off the boat a couple of times. It just doesn't tast the same from the fish market or the store.

jason

fear no beer
From my understanding reds and trout are hitting close to shore right now. I cannot speak for what is in the markets right now though.

Cappy

It's 9 AM and 75 degrees so I wouldn't zactly call it winter, but dis tima year red fish are on my bbq pit more often than burgers or chicken.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t want some????:tinysmile_tongue_t:

IMG_1693 (1280x960).jpg

Snuggles

You bet I do Cappy. Where you at? I'm gonna' be close to Wilmington this weekend. I'll bring the brew and the shrimp if you'll provide the fish. Deal? I can't wait to get to the coast. It's my second home.