Woman stops gator attack with a small beretta pistol.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

This is the story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol againse a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself?

A Beretta Jetfire testimonial.

Here is her story.

While walking along the edge of a bayou just below Houma, Louisiana with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-foot alligator suddenly emerging from the murky water and charging us with its jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 pistol with me, I would not be here today!

Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took. The gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. It's one of the best pistols in my collection! Plus...the amount I saved in lawyer's fees was more than worth the purchase price of the gun.

oldsarge

We had a joke like this back when I used to scuba dive. People would ask why we had a dive knife. We would say 'it's for sharks", they would say, "You gonna kill a shark with that?". We said...."no, I'm going to cut you and swim in the opposite direction."

wvbreamfisherman

We had a joke like this back when I used to scuba dive. People would ask why we had a dive knife. We would say 'it's for sharks", they would say, "You gonna kill a shark with that?". We said...."no, I'm going to cut you and swim in the opposite direction."
Another variation is the joke about the two guys and the bear. One guy starts running as fast as he can. the other guy says "you can't outrun a bear!" The first guy says "I only need to outrun you."

cabinfever

I opened this thinking it was nuts to go after a gator with such a small pistol but instead almost fell out of my chair laughing. It might be an old one, but it's a joke I hadn't seen before. Thanks for the laugh!

carmen

I think the smallest caliber would depend on what is in front of me. Does it have to be a gator? For some reason I really dislike them, now tiny lizards I can hold in my hand are fine. Just not the big ones!

Blueskyy

I love that, and the others were good too. Not sure if the laptop appreciated me spewing coffee all over it though! Keep them coming I could use some more laughs! :)

Cappy

oh, and just so yall know, almost all professional Alligator hunters use a 22 caliber rifle to kill the gaters. I know its a joke but the joke part aint the small caliber of the pistol.

Reed

I've never heard that before, that was great. The moral of the story? Never go walking through the swamp while discussing business with an ex-wife.

pauldude000

What gets me is that the preferred caliber for professional alligator hunters is actually a 22 rimfire.

Treehugger

Several decades ago my first husband and I used to crank up the tractor and take a .410 and a 12-gauge down to the stream that ran through our property. Our horses and cattle would go down to the branch to drink, so gators liked homesteading the area. Every so often we’d have to thin that population by shooting the gators that had grown big enough to kill our colts and calves. Years later I regretted not feeding my second husband to them!