Camp Monsters

Northern Dancer

4330 CAMP MONSTERS?

Know any? From the time I was a "kid," there was always a monster that we had to look out for.

Like the "Old Man of Senior Camp" - a dead man who walked the camp late at night. I saw him once and it scared the "h e double hockey sticks" right out of me. There he was, as bold as a sly fox waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting rabbit. He was bent over and had a trench coat that covered his body to the ground. He wore a wide-brim hat that came down to his eyebrows and an old Western scarf that covered his face. He had a pick axe over his shoulder and on the end of the pick was an old lantern that cast a shadow as he walked the trail. I made haste to get to my cabin.

There are all kinds of stories about the Great Sasquatch [big foot] to Tahoe Tessie in California. How about the Thurder birds of the Midwest? Then there is the Jersey Devil the Ozark Howler, and the Snally Gastor. I don't think I want to meet the Bat Squash either.

"You gots a Camp Monster story?" We sure would like to hear about it.

Keep an eye, eh - I hear there are zombies about.

Roybrew

Yes! We have the Wampus Cat here in the Appalachian Mountains.Screenshot_20240207-162221.png
This is the best drawing of one that I've seen yet. They elude having any photo taken, almost magical like. I have heard them creeping around just after dark. I don't worry about Bigfoot.

Northern Dancer

Yes! We have the Wampus Cat here in the Appalachian Mountains.View attachment 4331
This is the best drawing of one that I've seen yet. They elude having any photo taken, almost magical-like. I have heard them creeping around just after dark. I don't worry about Bigfoot.
-----> That's real...........ly scary. Reminds me of someone I dated once. True, she didn't exactly look that, but whatever was inside her certainly did.

ppine

Forester
Sasquatch sightings run in the family. My grandfather talked with the Swedish miners at Spirit Lake, WA near Mt St Helens. Their cabin was surrounded by a family of Squatch. My brother saw one in Oregon at night in his headlights. I saw a shadow at the top of Sonora Pass one morning that looked maybe just like a Squatch.

When I was 5 we drove across the country to move to Maryland from Washington. We stopped in Yellowstone. Bears walked past the green canvas tent all night in the moonlight. The next day my Dad strapped on a .38 and we followed all of the tracks. That was the day I became a forester.

Northern Dancer

Last edited: