Canoe thoughts...

Northern Dancer

I long to be on the lake in a slow-moving canoe that gently glides on the water.
Where the occasional swoosh of paddle water droplets and the chatter of birds are the only sounds heard.

ppine

Forester
I have been serious about canoes since 1960. I have had a lot of them. I have only one left and it is for sale.
Now I mostly run rivers in a drift boat. Very roomy, takes fast water, room for 3 dogs and a cooler.

Northern Dancer

There is something sad when we sell our canoe. No one knows the trip's memories, joy, satisfaction, or thrill. No matter what the canoe brand, you never get what you paid for it and no one fully appreciates our loss. I haven't owned a lot of canoes, but I've had more than one. Each with it's own unique design and purpose and each has left an indelible mark.

ppine

Forester
I have never bought a new canoe and have always sold them for more than I bought them for.
I was very attached to my OT Guide 18. The canvas finally fell off. I started to repair the broken ribs, planks and inwales. But the process for very tedious and I finally gave it away to a Native friend of mine.

Northern Dancer

I go to a canoe show every year and see what's happening in the industry. Lots of stuff out there. Kayaks of various kinds are becoming more popular - though I'm not ready to give up my canoe.

Roybrew

I like the quiet you get from a canoe. Took my new one out last Saturday. The wind so to much, but it looked good.
Having trouble posting picture
Roy