Local couple injured on motorcycle while...

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Two local people on a motorcycle were injured on a motorcycle when they crashed into a BLACK BEAR. Don't yet know the extent of their injuries yet, but the black bear was killed. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

You really can't be too careful on the highways anymore.

Mudslide

Dang it, something else I gotta watch out for! As if deer oppossums and armadillos aint enough. Oh yeah and Bigfoot, dont wanna leave him out.

Pathfinder1

Grandpa;
Yep, road kill can include humans. Animals contribute to a lot of injuries as well.

Hi...

How true. I know of a local couple who were killed in a car crash because they DIDN'T hit that skunk on the road...!! They swerved to miss it, and crashed.

In AK (for example), moose have been known to be hit by trains, cars, buses, boats and even planes. MUCH damage...!!

Grandpa

When I was in High School, the story came to us that in the next valley over, A semi loaded with wheat hit a pig and it caused the truck to roll. Now we all knew a pig was tough and solid as a rock but to roll a loaded semi? Sounded kind of ridiculous to us.

Many years later sitting around the breakroom at work, strange stories came forth as usual. I brought up the semi and pig, including my skeptism. One of the other guys, who we knew was the son of a grain broker, went kinda red and said, "Yep, story is true. that was my Dad driving that truck."

ChadTower

I don't get why a train designed to go 150mph does not have bird strike windshields. How much would that really add to the cost of making a high speed train?

TakeAHike

Wow, if it killed the bear, I cannot help but think that the people were probably in pretty bad shape. I hope they are okay. I have been lucky that the only animal I have ever hit with my car was a porcupine.

ChadTower

Dunno. There aren't any ERs for bears. Nobody is going to fix its leg or perform surgery to save it. They'll just put it down without really evaluating the injuries.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I don't get why a train designed to go 150mph does not have bird strike windshields. How much would that really add to the cost of making a high speed train?
Excellent question. If you're going to travel at that high a speed, just think of the damage a kid with a rock could do.