Drinkers

BTBoop

I will be honest I like an occasional glass of wine or mead and when I go out with my husband I drink mixed drinks. I like to make my own wine and mead.

campclose

I drink mixed drinks from time to time. I used to drink more when I was younger, but I hate that morning after feeling when I've had too much to drink. I guess you could say I learned many lessons and now I just don't want to learn it again!

Refrigerator

I will be honest I like an occasional glass of wine or mead and when I go out with my husband I drink mixed drinks. I like to make my own wine and mead.
Here is a toast to ya BTBoop.....a nice glass of wine....yep homemade stuff that gets right down to business. I do like a wine around a warm camp fire.

Gunny

Semper Fi
My favorite comfort poison is scotch. Love it. Always have. Give me a good bottle of aged scotch, a fine cigar and some good ole blues on the stereo and I'm good to go.

I also love gin. Delicious stuff. Actually I can drink almost any liquor. As long as it's not that kid crap like Jaegermeister, Goldschlagger or Rumpleminz. You can keep that. Damn stuff tastes like radioactive cough medicine.

I also love my beer. There's a store about half an hour from my house that sells beers from all over the world. You can even mix and match. I love foriegn beers and experimenting with all different varieties.

Here's some of my favorite mixed drinks.

Long Island Iced Tea
Singapore Sling
Gin and Orange Juice
Bay Breeze
Seabreeze
Madras
Cape Codder
Kamakazi (shooter)
Bloody Mary
Sex on the Beach
Alabama Slammer
Gin and Tonic
Salty Dog
Tequila Sunrise
Scotch and Soda
Screwdriver
Dirty Martini
Rusty Nail
Manhattan
Rob Roy
John Collins
Tom Collins
Whiskey Sour
Slo Gin Fizz
Lynchburg Lemonade
Mai Tai
B52 (shooter)
Boilermaker (shooter)
Old Fashioned

JollyRogers

Moderation is key in everything we do. Heck, cutting your toenails is a form of self-mutilation... :tinysmile_twink_t2:

I come from a big Irish family of drinkers. But they are all pretty responsible drinkers. I was raised around it, I was surrounded by it in the military and I worked in bars for years. But I never really acquired a taste for it.

I had my share of benders in the military, and learned quick that wasn't for me. I do like a good drink every now and then. A good beer, ale or dry cider while enjoying a good cigar and a sunset. Maybe a screwdriver or two when entertaining company in the summer or a touch of Irish cream in my cocoa in the winter.

I average 1-2 drinks (usually beers) a month. I don't like being drunk and usually only drink 1 drink for the flavor or maybe 2-3 to relax on the rare occasions I do drink.

My wife saw me drunk for the first time this February. It was my 40th birthday and she flew in an old Navy buddy I hadn't seen in 14 years. I had a couple of special bottles of bourbon stashed away and he and I put one away in a couple of hours before we went out to a friends bar to celebrate with others.

We have been together over 8 years and she had never even seen me tipsy. Even then, I was happy and behaved, and knew when to stop drinking booze and start drinking water.

Out in the woods, I'll sometimes carry a little moonshine for "medicinal" purposes. It is good when mixed with powdered fruit drinks. But most times I return with my canteen still full.

CozInCowtown

Sorry,
I am non drinker member in this forum.
I drink only tea and simple water..
I am against the drunker people and I do not talk with them.
To drink much is injurious for health and your life will be finished at any time.
+1 what ahmedabad said.
It never brought me anything but problems, drama and trouble.
I also like to set a good example for my kids, I don't want them to ever see me as a drunk.
We have plenty of fun without useing alcohol or drugs.
JMO,
DC

oldsarge

My favorite comfort poison is scotch. Love it. Always have. Give me a good bottle of aged scotch, a fine cigar and some good ole blues on the stereo and I'm good to go.
Hit the nail on the head here Gunny! Even though I don't drink near as much as I used to, I still enjoy some J&B every now and then as well as a good cigar to go with those tunes. After a few drinks I'm primed and ready to pull out the old blues harp and plug into a small Peavey amp I have.

Gunny

Semper Fi
Hit the nail on the head here Gunny! Even though I don't drink near as much as I used to, I still enjoy some J&B every now and then as well as a good cigar to go with those tunes. After a few drinks I'm primed and ready to pull out the old blues harp and plug into a small Peavey amp I have.
You play guitar, Sarge?

jason

fear no beer
I brew my own beer, wine, & mead, does that count? My favorite though is a glass of Bushmills 10 year. I'm too cheap to buy their more expensive stuff, and usually just drink the regular Bushmills. The key is moderation though.

oldsarge

You play guitar, Sarge?
No, but always wanted to learn! Even thought of trying the bass ever since I first heard Frank Zappa's Apostrophe! The Peavey amp is for the harp, makes it easier to bend those notes, I like playing cross harp. Plus my son gave me an effects pedal and I can get some really decent effects on the harp now.

Last edited:

Judy Ann

Still waiting to hear about how to dehydrate/rehydrate beer (from another thread). The single malt in my first aid kit is the most frequently used item. Comes in handy on a chilly evening around the fire.

Last edited:

Kepper

Wanderer
Drinking in moderation is very healthy. A drink or two a day person will live longer (on average) than a teetottler.

That being said, I feel it is my duty to imbibe a beverage of the alcoholic nature. I like beer, rum, tequila (good tequila, not that bottom shelf formaldahyde), and gin. I don't usually drink when outdoors. I never drink when fishing, hiking, or hunting. When I am done with those activities, however, it is time for refreshment.

Grandpa

Doc told me two beers a day would do me good. but the ole coot won't let me save them up for Saturday.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Beer goes back to the beginnings of this country (U.S.). Those who pioneered were a hearty bunch. After securing food, shelter, and clothing, however, the first thing they did was brew beer.

DThewanderer

I wish I knew how to make a good drink. It is one of those things that I am pretty terrible about. Sarge, I am learning to play the bass, so new my fingers still hurt when I play! I still play sober because I am so new to it!

oldmangunner

I have always wanted to make my own beer or wine, never knew how to do it but I have friends who do it and find a lot of gratification from making it their selves.

Ilovelife

I had to give up drinking, I was finding that I drank to much and ended up with a belly that I was not happy with. I will have a glass of wine every now and again but it is just juice for me.