Drinkers

MrDigitech

I do

I do enjoy a drink around the camp fire. Beer, Wine, rum and some good smoke goes great with the outdoors, IMO.

Never get out of control is the key.

ChadTower

I find if I'm really in the wilderness I don't want to drink. I have enough in my surroundings. It's at home, trying to simulate that in my yard with a firepit, that I end up with the urge to drink. Probably because it's not enough.

Lamebeaver

If you buy it, I'll drink it. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

For backpacking, scotch, or trail hurricanes.
Car camping, I'll bring beer along.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Sorry,
I am non drinker member in this forum.
I drink only tea and simple water..
I am against the drunker people and I do not talk with them.
To drink much is injurious for health and your life will be finished at any time.
I would love to answer this post but I am against the tea drinking people and I do not talk with them.

Lamebeaver

To drink too much is bad for your health but lets keep things in context.

Drinking in moderation is fine and although you do not drink and clearly have your reasons for doing so, don't condemn those that do.

Personally I only really drink beer (admittedly I am quite boring).
Actually, drinking in moderation is good for your heart. Ask your doctor.

Lorax

I may have had, from time to time, a little something to sip around a campfire or on a rock staring off into the sunset.

SpencerT

When I've been doing yard work or some kind of handy work outside all day, I love to pop open an ice cool Budweiser. I don't drink everyday, but just on those days I've been working hard and sweating a lot I love the feel and taste of guzzling a can or two down.

Grandpa

Old George (not Burns, a local guy) lived to a hundred. When Swede, the newspaper guy asked him how he managed he replied. Every morning, as soon as I wake, I drink a glass of Old Granddad, eat a breakfast of ham and eggs. After Breakfast, I walk the seven blocks to the Corner Bar, drink a couple of Old Granddads on the rocks, and smoke a big havana cigar. I walk the seven blocks back home about the time Maggie has lunch on. A couple of roast beef sandwiches, a bowl of Maggies homemade soup, a glass of Old Granddad and then Maggie and I jump into bed for a little fun. After that, I get back up, go over to Big Red's place and play a couple of pinochle games with the boys while having a shot or two of Old Granddad. Maggie has supper ready at 6, so gotta be back by then. Another fine cigar and glass of old Granddad after supper, help Maggie do the dishes and then off to bed we go.

It may have worked for George, but I don't drink anything stronger than pop.

But Pop drinks most anything :tinysmile_twink_t2:

sailorman

Drinking

+1 what ahmedabad said.
It never brought me anything but problems, drama and trouble.
I also like to set a good example for my kids, I don't want them to ever see me as a drunk.
We have plenty of fun without useing alcohol or drugs.
JMO,
DC
I have always known to drink with moderation. Yes I have screwed up but I learn fast. I do drink, but I have rules for myself and I follow them. Still if a person can't stop at 1 or 2 drinks and becomes a drunk, then that is something I avoid too.

Greatoutdoors

We have drinks on occassion. I'm done with liquor that was for my younger days, but I still enjoy a glass of wine or a nice cold beer.

firedancer

Who knew "injurious" was such a common word?! Odd.

I love a cold beer or glass of Pinot Grigio on a hot summer day. Vodka is my "hard liquor" of choice - with lemonade, tonic water, cranberry juice, you name it.

When camping in cool weather, I love a cocoa/Bailey's nightcap to warm me up and put me to sleep.

perchbutt

perchbutt
Ale
on friday afterwork, after play, when i get home. Sometimes a bit of plum wine on the rocks if it's really hot or i'm out... the hard drinkin' days are done as it's just not fun any more. I'd rather do other things.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I met a fellow at a men's club in Chicago a while back. While conversing I pulled out an Havana cigar. Not wishing to offend, I offered him one. He said "No thank you. I tried smoking once. Didn't care for it.". The cigar was quite good but not the same without brandy so I ordered a snifter and offered to buy the man a drink. "No thanks. I had a drink once. Didn't care for it." We continued to talk and I told him about my daughter, and something she had recently accomplished. He said it sounded like something his son had done. I replied: You have a son! An only child, I presume?".

oldsarge

I met a fellow at a men's club in Chicago a while back. While conversing I pulled out an Havana cigar. Not wishing to offend, I offered him one. He said "No thank you. I tried smoking once. Didn't care for it.". The cigar was quite good but not the same without brandy so I ordered a snifter and offered to buy the man a drink. "No thanks. I had a drink once. Didn't care for it." We continued to talk and I told him about my daughter, and something she had recently accomplished. He said it sounded like something his son had done. I replied: You have a son! An only child, I presume?".
Classic...but scary too!