Favorite Quotes??

CozInCowtown

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
Aristotle

He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
Genesis 10:9

And Rebekah heard when Isaac spake to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt for venison, and to bring it.
Genesis 27:5

ghostdog

Valhalla, I am coming
Here is a hunting quote for you Coz. I've always found this one interesting though I haven't done any hunting since I was a young lad.

Only scattered pockets of hunting man survive. Yet the hunting way of life has been the most successful and persistent avocation of man. It has dominated human evolution, and it enabled man to colonize the earth. Agriculture, on the other hand, has influenced less than 1% of human history.
-- Robert Leo Smith, Biology and Field Ecology

Grandpa

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. I Timothy 5:23 (does that include blisters and backaches?)

carmen

Vaclav Havel: Work for something because it is good, not just because it stands a chance to succeed.

That is one that sticks out for me today because so far it has been a crazy work week and its only Tuesday! I am sure there are others too but right now thats just the one I know off the top of my head. I am a sucker for good ones too!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

#1 (paraphrasing) First, kill all the lawyers...!!

#2 The day Japan signed the surrender documants at the end of World War II...all allied ships in the Pacific were told to cease fire. One ship's Captain asked Admiral Nimitz (I think) what they should do if not all of the Japanese got the word, and persisted in sending more kamakazi planes to attack their ships.

The Admiral replied..."shoot them down, but do it in a friendly manner"...!!

oldsarge

Life is like a big crap sandwich...the less bread you have...the more crap you have to eat.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end...the faster it goes.

Couldn't tell you where either of these originated from. Funny just the same!

littlefire

"Is that weird, taking my Louis Vuitton bag camping?" - Jessica Simpson. I love her quirkiness, but I also love that she able to get down and dirty camping style. Good for her. I wish more celebs were honest about their thoughts and as down to earth.

Hazel

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. I Timothy 5:23 (does that include blisters and backaches?)
Um....Does vodka count??? Because when i have some I don't really mind the blisters and backaches.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Um....Does vodka count??? Because when i have some I don't really mind the blisters and backaches.
Wine is just fermented fruit digested by yeast. Vodka is fermented fruit, digested by yeast, with...guess what? More water removed.

I say it counts.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I prefer brandy or a good single malt scotch but I'll bring a bottle of "Stoli" with in case I run in to Hazel. - Dinosaur.

Fishing is not a sport. Rather it is a disease and thank the Lord there is no cure. - Unknown

bsmit212

And men go forth;
And admire lofty mountains;
And raging torrents;
And scout the vastness of the stars;
And forget themselves in doing so.

-Petrarch

I rather die while I am living then live while I am dead

-Jimmy Buffet.

dinosaur

troublemaker
To disarm the people...[is] the best and most effective way to enslave them..." - George Mason, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 14, 1788

False is the idea that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. - Cesare Beccaria, father of modern criminology, 1764

Last edited:

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Could it be we have been told so often that "violence is not the solution to everything", that we have mistakenly come to believe that it is the solution to nothing?

Theo

eyebp's mentor
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -Unknown