Honesty on the Internet?

dinosaur

troublemaker
Nature is my religion.
Really? So...you're a Druid?

Hiker Joe said that honesty is overrated. The reason I see this as apropos for this string is that anything can be misinterpreted. Honesty involves telling the truth. Your truth may be different than mine. I am more interested in facts. As John Adams said: "Facts are very stubborn things.".

When someone tells a blatant lie it is easily discerned as such and can be dismissed as a joke after a chuckle. If it is a subtle lie intended as a joke, it may be a bit more difficult but even funnier.

I think perhaps what ppine is hoping for is simple wide-eyed childlike honesty. This is difficult to accomplish because most who have attained any significant age have developed not only the ability but almost the need to laugh at themselves and with their fellows.

I apologize to ppine if I have insulted him or his string in any way. This is as serious as I get.

And by the way, I am sans clothing while typing this missive.

ppine

Forester
Dinosaur,

Thanks for taking the time to address an important topic. I do not claim to be a Druid, but have some things in common with them. I have my own religion, that puts me in church everytime I go outside.

It takes a real adult to be honest, not just children. This thread had been eye-opening in the way that people have responded to it.