Ever Been Banned from a Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppine

Forester
Judy Ann,
I mentioned Dura Mater's private message because he insisted on following me over here to this forum and giving his opinion on a thread that I started. Our private messages cannot be described as cordial.

Old Sarge,
I was making the point that we try our best to accomodate many points of view on OB.

What is becoming clear from the discussion is that moderators and administrators have vastly different points of view about how to control the content of their forums. Some like to build a forum in their own image and ban people that don't agree with them. Some forums like 24 hour campfire are a free for all and anything goes.

Last edited:

Judy Ann

Ppine, Dura Mater joined this site just after you did. Everyone should feel welcome to express their thoughts, concerns, opinions and expertise. We are a pretty laid back forum and I appreciate the lack of drama here. Jason and Coz do a great job and private fights should remain that way...private. It might be prudent on all of our parts to be kind to all members and keep bitterness and anger to private correspondence. Our newest members keep us all inspired and interested and we would be remiss to continue to follow this line of discussion regarding negativity that you experienced on bushwhacker.com.

oldsarge

I'm not impressed with the site too much. You can tell there's a group there who are stuck on what they believe. It would be easy to push there buttons and get their panties in a bunch. Easy pickin's for those who are trying to share with others their own experiences. I seen this before on an off road forum. Guys get slammed because they don't monster out their vehicles and abuse the crap out of them. Like I've heard others say on this forum "hike your own hike". Do your own thing is what I say. I'll continue to check out that forum, maybe even make a comment or two. Try not to push anyone's buttons though.

Well after spending time on BCUSA, I'd like to retract my initial thoughts I posted earlier. I feel by reading the few post that were identified in this thread. I was wrong about my conclusion about BCUSA. It has more to offer me than the forums on, let's say, 24HourCampfire. Basically, if I prefer to enjoy what's talked about on this forum and that of BCUSA , this is where I belong. For example, If I go to 24HourCampfire and start slamming people because I don't agree with all the gun talk there. I can expect to get booted off. I see no issues with BCUSA and can see clearly as to why the whole situation to place the way it did. Sorry if this initial post offended any one who is associated or frequents BCUSA. I spoke to harshly to quickly.

Grandpa

I didn't spend much time there but saw nothing objectional. If they want to call their 3 day trip an expedition.....well, maybe for them it was.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

One thing I have discovered on the forums, there is a mighty big difference in how we do things in the high mountains compared to how Cappy and New do things down in Louisianna. Also a big difference between the AT and the SW deserts. I've learned to be patient when someone is concerned about the temps dropping to 50 degrees at nights since I expect temps down to 30 degrees in mid-summer just like others have learned to be patient with my concerns of camping with alligators and water mocs. I know this forum and the people in it have broadened my horizons even more than grandmas good cooking. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Thanks to all of you for the great input and sharing of ideas.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

CozInCowtown

Okay, I think we have beat this one up enough and do not wish any hard feelings between this site and the one mentioned, no reason for it.
I am now locking the thread and let it fall off into obscurity.
Thanks to everyone for keeping the thread civil and hopefully productive.

CozInCowtown

Status
Not open for further replies.