Good morning :-)

Pathfinder1

Soooo, at 55 I have the opportunity to get into stellar shape and enjoy carrying my pack to out-of-the -way beautiful locations with others, or be content with car camping in State Parks with just my old dog and doing our traditional day hikes. I would never have dreamed that I would need the upper body strength to pull not just myself, but that pack up and over steep climbs or drops....or be able to pull someone out of danger to safety. I would not be of any assistance to others if a stream suddenly rose and I had to carry my pack through thigh high water over my head.

The bottom line here appears that I am still young and healthy enough to get into great physical shape, but need to decide IF I am willing to develop new habits necessary to safely backpack into the wilderness areas. Hopefully I'll be writing about successful backpacking trips bagging peaks in the future.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi...

What a nice post...and the lady even told us her age...!!:tinysmile_grin_t:

Grandpa

It snowed last night. Kind of a mini blizzard going on out there.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t There will be no helping grandma with her garden today.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Yeah, it froze last night and killed off all my friend's tomato plants. I tried to tell him he set them out too early.

Judy Ann

You both are making me hungry for some just picked veggies. Sorry about the late snow ruining your opportunity to play in the dirt Grandpa! ;)

dkramarczyk

Its past sun rise by quite a lot here in Wisconsin. The breeze is a little chilly but it really warms your heart to see the sun after the cold weather we've had recently. I don't much care for coffee, but I do enjoy a good frappachino. So cheers to everyone out there and I hope you enjoy the day. The weekend is over for me. It's another Monday, but thankfully its not going to slow thanks to impromptu cleaning.

aldove

The Easter week is over but the whole family had fun! Work has resumed for us and the kids are back to school and I am hoping it would be a very productive and rewarding day for all of us.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Had a mug of diet orange soda (better than Tang, though). Then some smoked pork butt for ayem meal.

Fifty-two degrees and VERY blustery. Several brush and sturctural fire calls.

Past few days grass and brush fires all over...destroying..among other things...a hotel and dozens of dwellings.

Believed caused by some IDIOT(s) burning trash in weather like that...!!

Some people were born with an empty cavity atop their neck.

charley

Just back from a week climbing and camping in red river gorge kentucky. I spent most of the day doing laundry and putting things away. Why does it take so long to pack, clean up, and unpack?