Good morning :-)

dinosaur

troublemaker
Glad to hear it, Judy! I just finished my coffee and am going to wander off into the woods shortly. Hope everyone has a good day.

Pathfinder1

Good ayem, y'all...

Was a blazing three degrees earlier...sun's out, so it's starting to warm up...which is why I have turned off the heat for the day...I hope.

Deepish snow out...about half a ton of it on my UTE...but the driveway is cleaned out.

Kind of a lazy day...so I think I'll just catch up on my sloth impressions.

oldsarge

Lazy day for me also. Spent yesterday clearing out my mothers drive and walkway, then to come home and do mine. Actually did it the night before but the plows came by and buried the driveway again. So today I'm just sitting around and relaxing.

charley

Another damp dreery day here. It is the same temp back in Pa. as here in Nc. Tomorrow it is sposed to be in the 60's though. Have a good day. I'm off for a little walk.

Judy Ann

Finishing up some coffee and planning where to go and what to on a 76 degree day! Woohoo!
Have a great day everyone!

charley

I had to do my 10 mile bike ride before noon today cause it's too hot for me. This afternoon is beer drinking weather. 82 already.

Judy Ann

80's here as well. Getting ready to go to Shenandoah National Park this weekend camping and hiking Old Rag, then coastal camping the Outer Banks early next week. Life is sweet! :D

oldsarge

Had some great weather here lately. Tomorrow is expected to hit high 70's possibly 80º. Too bad I'll be welding inside a 21,000 gallon containment tank.

jason

fear no beer
Been in the 80's here. Been a crazy week for me. Both daughter and son have birthdays, 15th and 17th. Last Saturday, I had family, Brothers and friends over to help built a playset for their birthday only to be missing parts. I spent another day just trying to get most of the spring garden going. A lot later then I wanted. A lot of time cleaning the yard, and getting things ready for their party Saturday. Not that I do not enjoy any time spent outdoors though.

I did get to spend some time with my daughter today for her birthday. Picked her up from school and took her for a short hike. It felt so great to be out with her with some father-daughter time. She enjoyed the small amount of wildlife we did see, and makes me want to take a day off for her spring break to go on a longer hike, a bit more remote.

So with all that rambling, the weather here is great, come on down.

wvbreamfisherman

Looks like a wet one here, but there's plenty to do. I'm planning to sort out all my gear that's been scrambled up from various trips. Water's probably going to be too high and muddy for decent fishing, but might get a hike in if it dries out enough to get the mud down to lees that two feet deep LOL.

Have a nice weekend y'all.

charley

I got the van packed. Heading back to Pa. in the morning. I'll be leaving the sunny south to see what spring brings to Pa.

oldsarge

I'm lovin this weather folks! Got up super early and headed off to work to make a delivery to the Citgo refinery. Had the window open the whole way. Cool morning breeze and a cigar, cruising down the expressway, made for a good start of the day. Got home, ran some errands with the wife and the washed the Jeep. Most of the week looks like the same warm weather. I just know we are going to get nailed with some bad weather soon.

jason

fear no beer
Been really nice here. Really thinking I need to move my desk so I'm not facing out the window. Real hard to see how nice it is and be stuck inside.

charley

As much as I wanted to sleep in, I have been up since 5. It is 7:50 and everyone else is still asleep. I had breakfast of carrots, cauliflower, mushroom, potatoe, hotdog, and eggs. Topped with habanero salsa, that was just thin like hot sauce. Very good hot sauce. It is a pretty morning as the sun comes up through the trees. It is a bit cool for shorts but sposed to be 77 this afternoon. Have a great day. I'm going for a bike ride later.

Grandpa

Chillin in Albuquerquie waiting for grandma to get up. Just doing a casual drive to Loisianna seeing sights along the way.

Judy Ann

Interesting breakfast bowl Charlie! Do you have a TR from your recent journey? :p

I woke up at 8 so I'll have to "rush" my last vacation morning. The old dog needs to walk one lap of the golf course and then I'm going to the gym for a cardio workout. I never appreciated how physically fit backpackers have to be until I tried to keep up on a recent climb. It's not enough to be able to hike 10 miles in the hills. Not even close. The folks I went with are "machines" hiking 18+ miles climbing mountains with a light pack on very strenuous rated trails.

Soooo, at 55 I have the opportunity to get into stellar shape and enjoy carrying my pack to out-of-the -way beautiful locations with others, or be content with car camping in State Parks with just my old dog and doing our traditional day hikes. I would never have dreamed that I would need the upper body strength to pull not just myself, but that pack up and over steep climbs or drops....or be able to pull someone out of danger to safety. I would not be of any assistance to others if a stream suddenly rose and I had to carry my pack through thigh high water over my head.

The bottom line here appears that I am still young and healthy enough to get into great physical shape, but need to decide IF I am willing to develop new habits necessary to safely backpack into the wilderness areas. Hopefully I'll be writing about successful backpacking trips bagging peaks in the future.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited: